...are they serious? Shadowrun for Windows requires online fee.

Ayepecks

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?...;threadid=75945

Now, it says that it will also work through an Xbox Live account, but will all Vista games be like this? Will you have to pay to play Crysis online?! And furthermore, if you don't sign up for a Games For Windows Live account, will all your achievements go to your 360 Gamescore or what?

Microsoft needs to straighten things out... they need to do a unified Live Anywhere platform for everything. You pay for one, you pay for all. Achievements for one, achievements for all.

Although I can see achievements on PC games easily being hacked. :rolleyes:

DELTETHISACCOUNT

I believe that they will straighten everything out, but in order to do so, they're gonna have to make a few compromises.

And it probably won't look as great as we imagined it to be.

idioot

Ha! That's just stupid

It better be a misunderstanding or I doubt many people would get the game.

Elliott

What's wrong with requiring a Live account? Microsoft is obviously going to try and push this whole Live integration, and I'm sure Xbox Live accounts will be usable on Live for Windows.

DrCheese
What's wrong with requiring a Live account? Microsoft is obviously going to try and push this whole Live integration, and I'm sure Xbox Live accounts will be usable on Live for Windows.

Because PC online FPS's are usually free to play online because any old joe can download the server software and host a game.

MrCobra
Because PC online FPS's are usually free to play online because any old joe can download the server software and host a game.

I think if any company is going to charge a monthly fee for online play then they need to give the software away for free to begin with. When all games go to a pay to play online model is the day I quit playing games.

idioot

360 users pay for Live like PC user pay for internet connection. Now we PC'ers have to pay for internet and Live ? :|

Sethos
360 users pay for Live like PC user pay for internet connection. Now we PC'ers have to pay for internet and Live ? :|

Yeah, because you don't need an Internet Connection for the Xbox 360 - It goes online automatically :s Are you on drugs?

Imnotrichey

I have never owned a 360 or xbox for that matter. You have to pay for live? The analogy you used above is still unfair, because the user is still paying for the internet connection that goes to his Xbox right? (in addition to paying for live) But yah, pay to play really seems lame to me. I'd be bummed if Blizzard ever made us pay for battle.net

idioot

he..I don't own 360 so I might have messed up. But that is how it seemed to me :unsure:

Sethos
he..I don't own 360 so I might have messed up. But that is how it seemed to me :unsure:

How did you figure the Xbox went online and played with others, you got a 300.000km wire you can stretch around to world to connect in Lan Mode everytime you wanna play?