How to Hide IP for Gaming?

I want to hide my IP/Host Name while playing Call of Duty 2. It shows as c-71-XX-XXX-XXX.hsd1.pa.comcast.net. How do I change all of this to something completely different? Long story short, I left my past clan on bad terms (had an argument with the immature leaders) and I just want to be hidden. Don't ask any more question about why I want this please. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Edited by Yorak

As far as I know, there no legal way to hide your IP, using proxy is illegal last time I heard of this.

Anyway, such practice would dramatically raise your ping. But I know it's possible, saw some stuff like this when I was learning how to find hackers in games.

I want to hide my IP/Host Name while playing Call of Duty 2. It shows as c-71-XX-XXX-XXX.hsd1.pa.comcast.net. How do I change all of this to something completely different? Long story short, I left my past clan on bad terms (had an argument with the immature leaders) and I just want to be hidden. Don't ask any more question about why I want this please. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

You don't have much control over it. Your ISP is registering your computer in its DNS (more-or-less). You connect... you get registered. On the plus side... unless you have signed up for static IP addressing, your IP address and your host name will change... eventually (hopefully? lol).

I guess, if you have access to a computer somwhere else on the 'net, you could relay through it. But I can't tell you how to do that.

As far as I know, there no legal way to hide your IP, using proxy is illegal last time I heard of this.

Anyway, such practice would dramatically raise your ping. But I know it's possible, saw some stuff like this when I was learning how to find hackers in games.

Spot on. You could go through a relay, but yeah that's going to hit the ping to space.

I also heard a while back some ISP's operate IP addresses without reverse dns-addresses. Not sure how true that is anymore....

You don't have much control over it. Your ISP is registering your computer in its DNS (more-or-less). You connect... you get registered. On the plus side... unless you have signed up for static IP addressing, your IP address and your host name will change... eventually (hopefully? lol).

I guess, if you have access to a computer somwhere else on the 'net, you could relay through it. But I can't tell you how to do that.

I'm not signed up for static IP addressing, yet when I try ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew it retains the same IP address. Yeah I know how to relay it, trust me I've been at a restrictive university before, lol. I guess I'll try calling Comcast and seeing what they have to say. I might have to do something with my router to allow it, but I doubt it. Thanks for the responses.

Is grow up a valid answer?

1, Is he going to remember your host name?

2, What can he do anyway, if he abuses you, ignore him and report him to the server owner

3, Whats the chances of bumping into him on all of the servers out there?

4, If he does, just tell him that you have no idea what hes talking about.

Is grow up a valid answer?

1, Is he going to remember your host name?

2, What can he do anyway, if he abuses you, ignore him and report him to the server owner

3, Whats the chances of bumping into him on all of the servers out there?

4, If he does, just tell him that you have no idea what hes talking about.

Thanks for your worthless reply. Didn't I tell you not to ask questions about why I want to do it? Can you read?

1. Yes he'll remember my host name, it's all logged.

2. He's an admin at a league I play in. He can do all sorts of things.

3. All the servers? There are only a handful of good American servers. The chances are very high...

4. "If he does" - what?

ipconfig /release and /renew won't do much when you're behind a router... it only renews the IP your router's DHCP server gives you.

Just go in your router's configuration page and reload the connection (disconnect and connect).

I'm not signed up for static IP addressing, yet when I try ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew it retains the same IP address.

Log on to your router, enable mac address clone, enter some random mac address then turn the modem and router off for 30 seconds then turn it back on and all be well you will have a new ip address.

Apart from changing ISP i think its the best your gonna get unless you wanna game with crazy amounts of lag.

Your still gonna have a simlar host name, but then again so will everyone on your isp in your city...

It's not illegal to use a proxy server... Give me a break. Illegal use of a proxy server is illegal. Check your facts before you blow bad info around.
lol, check my facts? Well... Ok, let look with legalities.

Fact 1: Yorak made something that the Admin didn't like. (No matter what is it, it's none of my business, but he was banned.)

Fact 2: The Admin own the server (Even if it's a rented server). He has the right to ban who he want and he have the final word.

Fact 3: Bypassing any form of protection (IP Ban in this situation) in order to access the propriety of another (Game server in this situation) is illegal.

So, I apology for my misunderstanding post, Proxies are legal, but in this situation, it is not. Even if the admin would ban Yorak's IP for a stupid reason such because his nick start by an "Y"? (Took an idiot situation as example) it would still illegal for Yorak to bypass it...

yea if your banned go play on another server.

if you call your isp they will change it for you. they tie the ip to the mac addess of your cable modem so only they can effect the change without you loosing you net connect.

Thanks for your worthless reply. Didn't I tell you not to ask questions about why I want to do it? Can you read?

1. Yes he'll remember my host name, it's all logged.

2. He's an admin at a league I play in. He can do all sorts of things.

3. All the servers? There are only a handful of good American servers. The chances are very high...

4. "If he does" - what?

Why on earth would anyone want to help someone so rude?

Perhaps he was banned because of the way he expresses himself in a public forum.

Alright people, first learn a little bit before you reply with smartass remarks. I'm not banned, you are banned from servers by your GUID which is a combination of your CDkey and IP address. But alright mods close this thread, InsaneNutter gave me the answer I need. I'm not circumventing anything, you guys who come crash my thread because you think you know something should go get a life. That's what this whole thing was about in the first place, getting harassed by know-nothing people that I don't want (in game and now on here). That is why I asked what I asked. Sheesh. :rolleyes: