EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Attempts to duplicate a movie stunt landed one man in the hospital with burned genitals and another facing criminal charges.

The men were trying to do a stunt from one of the "Jackass" movies, in which a character lights his genitals on fire. :blink:

Jared W. Anderson, 20, suffered serious burns to his hands and genitals, according to the criminal complaint. Randell D. Peterson, 43, who sprayed lighter fluid on Anderson and lit him on fire, was charged with felony battery and first-degree reckless endangerment Tuesday in Eau Claire County Court.

Witnesses told police that Anderson, who was drunk, volunteered to do the stunt Sunday after watching the movie, the complaint said.

After Peterson ignited Anderson, he ran into the bathroom, jumped into the tub and put the flames out, according to the complaint. He was taken to Luther Hospital, and eventually treated at the Regions Hospital Burn Unit in St. Paul, Minn., for second-degree burns.

Anderson told police that he didn't want anyone to get in trouble because of the stunt.

Peterson was freed on a $2,000 bond. He has a hearing scheduled April 16. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison.

source

I agree they're idiots, but can't the guy just drop the charges assuming he is his friend? $2,000 bond and a possible 10 years for that? :blink:

The guy is a idiot. Why would you want to set your fireman on fire?
maybe he though he could extinguish the fire with his hose :shifty:

seriously though, people are pretty darn stupid these days.

Witnesses told police that Anderson, who was drunk, volunteered to do the stunt Sunday after watching the movie, the complaint said.

How can they charge the guy, when the other wanted him to do it? Crazy! :blink:

See...it's not just idiot teens copying them :laugh:

Let the Jackass crew do it so we don't have to :laugh:

And even if the guy said he doesn't want his friend getting into trouble over it there's really nothing he can do now unless he bugs them to death about it. If the state wants to file charges they're going to no matter what anyone says.

I was in a situation like this not long ago. I went to the movies with a friend of mine. We come back and his house is broken into and his neighbor said she saw me do it :laugh: I was with my friend the entire time. I had charges on me for it and the whole time my friends telling them there's no way I could have done it. Long story short, had to get camera footage from a gas station we stopped at to prove I was with him that day.

:laugh: Funny to me now, but when it was going on I was freaking out over it. His idiot neighbor got an earful afterwards. Still think she had it done and tried putting the blame on me not realizing I was out with him at the time.

Edited by NightmarE D

Its the state filing charges. Just because someone tells you to do something doesn't make the fact that its a crime go away. He could have killed the guy.

Did they actually do that on Jackass? I've seen most of them, but don't remember them doing this specific thing in neither the shows nor the movies. If anyone remembers it, can you name who the guys were?

yeah not once have they done something liek this. this is just two stupid people being idiots and since its about that they automaticaly assume its from jackass. they (the reporters, police, etc.) probably haven't even seen jackass.

I'm pretty sure I'd remember if they did this on Jackass........I mean, I know they've shocked their, um, nether regions multiple times, but set it on fire - w/ lighter fluid at that? Even Steve-O knows when to stop. :p

yeah not once have they done something liek this. this is just two stupid people being idiots and since its about that they automaticaly assume its from jackass. they (the reporters, police, etc.) probably haven't even seen jackass.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, the media can be such sheep somtimes all the time.

What kind of 20 yr old has a 43 yr old friend willing to light his nuts on fire? If you're looking for older friends, he's looking in all the wrong places!