• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

to everybody who is switching back to XP form vista

crazzy88ss    65

For those of you who are switching back to XP from Vista, are you stuck with the Vista discs/key, or can you return it at all? Maybe get a refund from MS?

It just seems so lame that so many people are converting back to XP after buying Vista, and it doesn't seem right that you can't return a product you don't feel is decent.

leesmithg    226

Read the terms and conditions in the software & maybe it's on the box also.

I know even if you can get a refund via terms and conditions, some stores and etailers find any excuse not for it to be returned.

I would suggest go back to XP, put the disk away and wait 6 months.

When all the drivers work properly, sp1 is out then reinstall.

If not sell the ops on eBay or amazon.

Typhon    0
Read the terms and conditions in the software & maybe it's on the box also.

I know even if you can get a refund via terms and conditions, some stores and etailers find any excuse not for it to be returned.

I would suggest go back to XP, put the disk away and wait 6 months.

When all the drivers work properly, sp1 is out then reinstall.

If not sell the ops on eBay or amazon.

Like I tell everyone read reviews and know what you buy.

crazzy88ss    65

oh i'm not gunna buy vista..i use OSX lol. I was just curious if MS is getting all this money and yet so many people aren't using the product.

Edited by crazzy88ss

Typhon    0
oh i'm not gunna buy vista..i use OSX lol. I was just curious if MS is getting all this money and only half of the people are actually using their product.

If you only use a Mac you are missing out.

crazzy88ss    65

on what? I do homework, browse the internet, listen to music, chat in AIM. I have XP installed and use it for nothing.

+virtorio    3,111
oh i'm not gunna buy vista..i use OSX lol. I was just curious if MS is getting all this money and only half of the people are actually using their product.

Where are you getting your statistics from exactly?

crazzy88ss    65

I don't have any, so I altered my post to reflect the change.

TokyoKiller    16

I can't answer this question for you since I have an Dell OEM copy of both Windows XP and Windows Vista.

gigapixels    99

Well in California it is illegal to return software because of anti-piracy measures... So if you bought Vista before properly trying it out and that's where you live then you're screwed.

Jase    130

I switched back to XP.. and threw the Vista Disc in the bin.

Typhon    0

I am haveing fun with Vista but then agin I have almost 20 pc's lol. It is funny so many people have probs with Vista but I do not. HAhahahah and I got it for free same for office 2007.

goatsniffer    56

To bad MS wont refund your wasted time...

NikkiRox    2

sorry can't be taken back for refund. i work in a service department, we reject any software which has been opened. :D you just gotta be smart and not buy vista. like me. :p

Squirrelington    44

If you're concerned about stability and working drivers, you should never have upgraded within the first few months in the first place... which seems to be the main reason people wanna go back to XP.

Wait half a year or so and vista will perform better with patches and updates.

Aero Ultimate    2
For those of you who are switching back to XP from Vista, are you stuck with the Vista discs/key, or can you return it at all? Maybe get a refund from MS?

It just seems so lame that so many people are converting back to XP after buying Vista, and it doesn't seem right that you can't return a product you don't feel is decent.

Yes, you're so very right there... we have a 14-day return policy here, but that's it. No returning after that unless it's defective (and even then, most times you'll only get it replaced and not your money back).

I'll wait for SP1 and see if all the flaws still in Vista are going to be fixed - if not, I'll just sell it off. I'm glad I didn't activate it yet, so selling it should be no problem.

Merter    0

Anyone with half a barrel of sense would have got hold of a copy of the disk, and used the 30 day grace period on a dual boot to have a look and see what they think. If you didnt, and just went and bought it... nuff said!

oniq    0

I don't know of any software vendors that would let you return the product because you didn't like it. Would Apple do this? I doubt it. If for some reason you bought Vista and were living under a rock since its release, go back under your rock for a few months until some updates are released...

Aero Ultimate    2
Anyone with half a barrel of sense would have got hold of a copy of the disk

Would be agood idea, there is just no leagal way of doing this - they are intentionally not providing a possibility to try out Vista, well knowing that they would sell a lot less if people could try it for 30 days and then decide if they like it or not :pinch:

Kravex    139
just seems so lame that so many people are converting back to XP after buying Vista,

And your figures to back this up come from where? I've upgraded to Vista on my Media Centre PC, Home PC and laptops and have had no problems other than ATi?s crappy driver support for 1 laptop.

Another Mac fanboy talking about a product he doesn't even use, be grown up and criticise products you use in future.

HoochieMamma    714

Just give me your CD-Key, I'll make more use out of it then anyone who doesn't want it :D

betasp    56

I own Vista and switched back, but that does not mean that 2 years from now I won't go back to Vista.

crazzy88ss    65
And your figures to back this up come from where? I've upgraded to Vista on my Media Centre PC, Home PC and laptops and have had no problems other than ATi?s crappy driver support for 1 laptop.

Another Mac fanboy talking about a product he doesn't even use, be grown up and criticise products you use in future.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=543853

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=545119

Two very long threads started 4 days apart about people going back to XP from vista. In these threads there's lots of people agreeing with what the original posters have to say. I've already stated I don't have any figures, and I never used any numbers in this thread.

leesmithg    226

My windows xp pro sp2 is still good till around 2009 maybe more.

I did say i would buy a few copies if they were cheap enough and sell them on at a later dater, however they are too expensive currently, so will wait a bit till amazon totally flip out as they can't sell them and knock 50% off.

They are giving away half price software suites currently and special discounts if you buy office 2007 also, which says to me, it's not selling.

Kravex    139
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=543853

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=545119

Two very long threads started 4 days apart about people going back to XP from vista. In these threads there's lots of people agreeing with what the original posters have to say. I've already stated I don't have any figures, and I never used any numbers in this thread.

Exactly my point, there were already 2 threads but as a Mac user who's not even used the product you felt the need to start a third one....