No internet connectivity after a few hours

I have this problem where I won't get any internet connectivity after a few hours of use. This is pretty random but it happens after a few hours or so. This seemed to have happened after I upgraded my processor from AMD 64 3500+ to AMD 64 FX. I would have thought I must have messed something up inside my computer but restarting my computer fixes this issue. So whenever I don't have internet connectivity I just restart and it works fine which leads me to believe it is not a hardware issue.

Anybody have a clue what could be wrong? Thanks in advance.

You may want to check under your Ethernet settings and make sre that you have that the NIC cannot go to sleep. I have had issues where the NIC will not wake up

Thanks for the reply guys:

@ deerhunter: I haven't tried that yet, but do you think it could be the modem/router?

@ GSecur: Do you happen to know where I can check that?

Instead of restarting your computer, try going to the command prompt, start/run/cmd [enter]

<prompt>: ipconfig/release [enter]

<prompt>: ipconfig/renew [enter]

see if that restores your internet. Saves you time from restarting. Ofcourse this is just a bandaid til you find out the problem.

Have you checked your cable going to your computer? I've seen ones crimped before cause this same behavior.

Thanks for the reply guys:

@ deerhunter: I haven't tried that yet, but do you think it could be the modem/router?

@ GSecur: Do you happen to know where I can check that?

It could be. Try it the next time your connection goes down. Instead of rebooting your PC, reset your modem/router or unplug/plug it. Anything connected to your PC and internet could be the culprit.

-------------------------

Free Software Downloads

Email Notifier with auto-login for Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail

start run> ncpa.cpl> local area connection properties> uncheck IPv6, and both LLDP protocol things.

That shouldn't affect his connection...

That shouldn't affect his connection...

LLDP has been reported as causing network floods, causing router crashes/problems. Namely, "Internet Connectivity" issues could be... well... DNS (nice sig by the way); since DNS requests have a very low priority; the requests could be getting pushed aside for the LLDP network flood, or for many other reasons. IPv6 can just cause problems with some routers; and I don't even know of a popular consumer router that supports it yet (who would need it on their home LAN anyway).

By the way:

affect

Verb

* S: (v) ...(have an effect upon) "Will the new rules affect me?" :p

I have tried restarting the modem/router but it still doesn't fix it, it seems only a reboot fixes this issue.

Also tried the ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew. It won't allow it to renew giving me this error:

ipconfigerrorue5.jpg

Sorry where do I "uncheck IPv6, and both LLDP protocol things"

lanpropertiesit1.jpg

I am trying to uncheck this setting in my ethernet card that says: 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.'

But I don't really think that this will solve my issue since its checked by default and this issue only started happening.