Synchronize music between Media Center and Media Center Extender (360)

Being able to synchronize the music playing on my media center and my media center extender (360) in the other room would be really sweet. It would be awesome having the option to have the speakers in 2 rooms playing the same thing. Anyway to do that?

ok well let me get this straight, you want to be able to play the same music in 2 locations at once? Well a receiver with a a/b/a+b switch can do that. You can hook up the reciever to the speakers in the room and the other room and then from the media center to the speakers. That or just run lots of wires all over the place to speakers everywhere (or wireless speakers).

Then all you'd have to do is play either the Media Center PC or the Xbox 360 and turn on the speakers and it'll play everywhere.

ok well let me get this straight, you want to be able to play the same music in 2 locations at once? Well a receiver with a a/b/a+b switch can do that. You can hook up the reciever to the speakers in the room and the other room and then from the media center to the speakers. That or just run lots of wires all over the place to speakers everywhere (or wireless speakers).

Then all you'd have to do is play either the Media Center PC or the Xbox 360 and turn on the speakers and it'll play everywhere.

I have adobe walls :D. Can't really run wire very well w/ adobe. Plus I want to use my current equipment and not have to buy anything. It should be possible although I understand it to be tricky. It would be really annoying if there were a delay or I heard an echo between speakers which would no doubt happen if the implementation was poor.

Anyway, I was just throwing that out there just to see if it could be done w/ a Media Center and Media Center Extender.

Get TVersity.

Yuck. Vista's Media Center >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TVersity.

well no, can't really use Xbox and control WMC... You're only options is to have either system control all the speakers and play it from that. When you're on the WMC PC it would play in the room also and when you're on the Xbox it would play in the other room... only way is with wiring, proper wiring.

Yuck. Vista's Media Center >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TVersity.

Yes, however, through the extender, you are stuck with watching whatever you have recorded yourself, or MP3 / WMA / WMV files.

I use TVersity to stream to my other devices, and it gives the 360 the ability to play web streams and other audio and video formats via the Video and Music sections of the 360's Media Blade while still allowing you to use the Media Center extender as normal.

I love when you give someone a solution that works, and they instantly dismiss it for not being 'nice'

Yes, however, through the extender, you are stuck with watching whatever you have recorded yourself, or MP3 / WMA / WMV files.

I use TVersity to stream to my other devices, and it gives the 360 the ability to play web streams and other audio and video formats via the Video and Music sections of the 360's Media Blade while still allowing you to use the Media Center extender as normal.

I love when you give someone a solution that works, and they instantly dismiss it for not being 'nice'

Ever heard of transcode 360 :whistle:? Sorry, I tried TVersity and had a lot of problems with it. I started to trouble shoot every problem but gave up. Also I think that it slowed my PC down even when I wasn't using it. IIRC it was pretty grabby over the filetypes as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ever heard of transcode 360 :whistle:? Sorry, I tried TVersity and had a lot of problems with it. I started to trouble shoot every problem but gave up. Also I think that it slowed my PC down even when I wasn't using it. IIRC it was pretty grabby over the filetypes as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I use Transcode 360 with the MCE on the 360, and TVersity to share audio and video files to my other devices and to play web streams on the 360.

I haven't had any issues with it at all to be honest, but, I guess I wasn't using it to play DivX via MCE or anything.