Xbox 1 on HDTV

wanna play my Xbox on my HDTV, but it looks like crap thru either scart or composite. my component cable inputs are used by the Wii and VGA is used by my PC. I was wondering if S-Video would look good or whether it'd be worth investing in a VGA switchbox? S-Video would be preferable as I want to limit the amount of switching I need to do.

Playing yoour Xbox 1 through S-Video will not offer you HDTV resolutions. It would still be at 480i like all of your other current methods of using the X-Box (RCA, RF, etc). I would suggest using Composite cables to use with your XBOX. It really does make it look a bit nicer. I totally noticed a difference playing KOTOR II from RCA to Compsosite. Give it a shot and its not hard to switch.

This is what I use to swap components:

HD Selector System

Thanks

-Luke Angel

If i remember correctly, no PAL XBOX game offered HD Resolution options - the options were removed when they converted to PAL due to the low market pentration of HDTV's at the time.

Can't you get the HD Composite cables for the xbox and tell the xbox dashboard that you have an HDTV? I run mine on a 52" 1080p LCD and it looks great. XBMC looks brilliant on it.

If i remember correctly, no PAL XBOX game offered HD Resolution options - the options were removed when they converted to PAL due to the low market pentration of HDTV's at the time.

Really? Can anyone confirm that?

Can't you get the HD Composite cables for the xbox and tell the xbox dashboard that you have an HDTV? I run mine on a 52" 1080p LCD and it looks great. XBMC looks brilliant on it.

Ya, i got Monster cables, and they are SICK to say the least. and also yes, XBMC looks insane when its on a higher res.

To get a PAL xbox outputting HD you need to:

- Get component cables. <$10 on eBay.

- Mod the console and switch it to NTSC mode.

- Use the MS dashboard to select 480p/720p/1080i in video options.

If your xbox isn't modded, component cables will still work, but you're stuck with 576i.

Here is a list of xbox games that support 720p and 1080i.

If i remember correctly, no PAL XBOX game offered HD Resolution options

I thought this too, but I tried PAL versions of Crash Nitro Cart and THUG2, both render at 720p for me.

Edited by nexx

You're confused. There is no such thing as HD Composite cables. What you're talking about is Component cables.