GameCube Graphics

Hi..here is an example of Gamecube Graphics. this is an upcoming Batman game

batman_screen005.jpg

and then some from Luigi`s Mansion Feat. Mario

lm_screen001.jpg

lm_screen008.jpg

These are Some Graphics from MonkeyBall

smb_screen002.jpg

The ONE good graphics game i foudn was Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.

roguel_screen004.jpg

rogue2_screen006.jpg

from watching screeens from 11 games which i think are going to be good for gamecube, there are very few games which features intense bump mapping or something like Quake or Counter-Strike or something, so its mainly aimed at the under 18 market

Hmmm.... the grahpics are not the great when you compare with those from XBox, someone had posted the swat screenie a while ago, it looks way better than this.

oh, btw, seems like that the CPU in the XBox is a Mobile Celeron @ 133Mhz FSB. It's not a PIII (HAHA, NO PIII for you)

http://www.vanshardware.com/articles/2001/...011116_Xbox.htm

Out of all the console, PS2 would probably win. As always, MS can only get things right second/third times around (XBox is doing great if you compare it with products such as WinCE based PDA, which took them 3 times to get it right)

uhh.... do you have a xbox? the Halo and DOA 3 graphics alone kick PoS2's Metal Gear 2 and Teken tag graphics! Plus DolbyDigital/DTS surround sound in every game, and added support for high deffinition TV's. PS2 is garbage compared to XBOX. The Gamecube is also total crap. The people who say gamecube is better are strong anti-Microsoft people just because they are retarded. the gamecube graphics are so cartoonie it makes me sick. it is just a more colorful N64 with a slightly higher resolution. but as you could see from the rogue squadron pic the shiodi Aliasing makes it look like ****.

Final Word: XBOX will dominate as the best system. People who are strong Playstation people are just biased and thing MGS is the best game ever and would never even think of playing Halo because they are so stuck on gay MGS. I personally have PS2 and XBOX, and i know what looks and sounds better. The surround sound is amazing! Trust me, even better than my new pos Audigy card, which i wasted my money on as soon as it came out

I don't own any of the console, so technically, I should like Xbox better, and I do.

But time and time again, the best hardware doesn't mean that it would win.

I just recollect that PS2 had a huge hype, even more so than the

XBox, as for the gamecube... who is what with the cube now?

I haven't play Halo yet, but if eveyone says it's good then it must to good to some degree...

Well I will say that MGS2 IS the BEST game ever made. Whether you like it or not is your preference...you may not like action games. But from a technical standpoint...the level of detail in MGS is just awe-inspiring. Everything looks and moves right. Sure, there are games that push more polys for a character, but the whole package for MGS is just there more than any other game ever made. I have seen and played HALO and it is amazing...the best FPS ever, but not the best game ever, which MGS2 is.

Also, you look at PS2 and you go to gamespot and look at the reviews and all of the games are getting excellent reviews. 10 and 9's across the board. There's only one system this month and the next couple months where you can find outstanding games like:

Devil May Cry

Grand Theft Auto 3

Jak and Dexter

Maximo

MGS2

Gran Turismo 3

FFX

Tony Hawk 3

SSX Tricky

Sure, some of these games may come out in the future (except Maximo, FFX, Jak and Dexter and Devil May Cry)...but to have all these games out now for the PS2...means that for at least the next year the PS2 will dominate. That will be two years of domination, on top of the 6 years of the PS1 dominating. The Playstation brand is now synonymous with gaming goodness. There may be the geeks out now who are all about the hardware specs...and the xbox beats the PS2 hands down, no question. But for the average gamer it comes down to games. PS2 has TONS, X-Box has ONE. It's going to be an uphill battle for the XBOX...it may win the battle but it has to work it's way into the Japanese market and it has to prove that it has the best games. These system wars are never won on power. If that were the case, the PS1 would have bombed under the power of the Saturn.

well, considering MSG took like 3 years to make, and almost all of the game you list came out a year after the console was released. Just admit it loyal PS2 fans, the PS2 had a ****ty launch compared to XBOX due to lack of games. DOA3 and Halo blow away any gamer, expecially hardcore FPS gamers.

And if i'm not mistaken the PS2 screwed over at launch because of a manufactureing defect. and also many people returned the consoles due to problems, atleast thats what my local EBX sayd. bringing up the detail of MSG having so much detail is so irelavent. so you can shoot the bottles and they break, and you can shoot the tv and the screen goes black, ohh yea, well in duke nukem i could give a dancer some money and she would shake her money maker. i sure liked those detailes, and i bet the developers didn't spend years doing it.

If you want a console with amazing graphics and 2 of the best games for their type, DOA 3 and Halo, then get XBOX. but if you want a slow moveing, boreing but detailed game like MGS, then go for PoS2. (and plz stop being Playstation Nazis, it's asthough they hate everything other than their beloved PS and must do everything they can to try to take away it's glory)

Nothing new here, Since the beginning of the First Nintendo all the games where for kids. I mean come on who would play Pokemon and Peter Pan? Just 14 years old kids..or less

The ball is in XBox hands now! It will give PS2 a run and very good one! :)

(and plz stop being Playstation Nazis, it's asthough they hate everything other than their beloved PS and must do everything they can to try to take away it's glory)

Well, I would call this being a hypocrite. In my post I admitted that XBOX was a good system and that it will battle the PS2. You are the one that flat out says everything PS2 sucks...I did not do the same to the XBOX.

You were quite ignorant to issue this statement, because it makes you look stupid and thusly negates anything meaningful you may have had in your post. Look at the reviews for MGS, I believe you are definitely in the minority as far as disliking the game. I would go as far as to wager that you have either not even played MGS or have only played it a few minutes before rendering your judgment.

BTW, the detail in MGS is USEFUL, as opposed to Duke Nukem. Thusly, this makes your analogy moot and also supports my hypothesis listed above. For example, you can find a magazine (FHM) and leave it for a guard to distract him, you can knock on a wall or throw an empty clip to distract guards...there are a TON of these things in MGS. These are the things that make the game amazing...they're not empty details like Duke Nukem.

Please...in the future...think before you post...for your own sake. My motto is..."never let friends post before they think". I failed you this time...it won't happen again.

I did notice somethin ignorant and bias in some of these posts, and that's calling the gamecube a kiddy system that can't do any graphics for crap, and is just a n64 with a lightly higher resolution. Those kind of statements should be among the examples in the dictionary for "biased". That's also very hypocritical for some people, since they can go and say the xbox is the best system ever and all other are crap when they won't allow the same thing said for the ps2 or gramecube.

Both are gonna be strong competitors and both are going to do well. I doin't know what the hell is up witht his gamecube and ps2 bashing. Liek i said before, a lot of developers are now flocking to the gamecube since it is powerful and a lot easier to develop for. The PS2 is also sitll a very good system. It doesn't suck, it's jsut not as powerful as the gamecube or xbox.

come on people, sheezus.

Jayzun is the ONLY PS2 fan. No, I don't hate Sony... they did VERY well with the PS [soul Blade being the BEST game], but the PS2 offers so little and looks like it will fail just like the Dreamcast. I think the real battle is between the Gamecube and the Xbox... and I don't mind which I get.

The Gamecube is cheaper and will connect to my brothers Gameboy Advance, it has nice graphics and has some GREAT looking games [Resident Evil remake for instance]. And online play... well, Nintendo AREN'T interested because the internet isn't ready yet as they say... :( DVD play... nope.

But then there's the Xbox. This looks BRILLIANT. Halo looks amazing, DOA3 looks amazing, that Star Wars game [yes, the one that was released for PS2 with framerate issues and could only manage 30fps] that has improved graphics and 60fps gameplay, Munch's Odysee, etc. The problem it will have though is it's huge price [just like the PS2's launch price]. And online play... yes, M$ are preparing the online launch of the Xbox which will have broadband support. DVD play... yes, when you buy the DVD kit [which is good cos you get a console... and then can upgrade to DVD playing later].

Also, I've heard IGN complain about the poor graphics on the release games for the Gamecube. Oh well, I'll just have to save up for the Xbox.

One thing I learnt and you should take in, is screen shots will not do anything to make you think a game looks good.

In some shots, the game looks out of the world. Buy the game, doesn't look so special.

Then some graphics look like psx (ps1) graphics and you buy it and play it, smooth graphics, very rich and clean. So just because a screen shot looks crappy doesn't mean the graphcis of the system are. New systems have some sorta speed problem that capture devices don't pickup and so it' makes the graphics look ugly.

The gamecube looks great just like the xbox, but they are both nothing special in the graphics department. Wait a year or so for the big games to come out with the outstanding graphics.

The Resident Evil images are not pre-rendered. They render in real time. Gamecube was designed to render high quality CG images in real time. The death of FMV in video games, I guess you can call it.

Originally posted by NeoTrunks

The Resident Evil images are not pre-rendered. They render in real time. Gamecube was designed to render high quality CG images in real time. The death of FMV in video games, I guess you can call it.

no. as far as i'm concerned, only the game characters are real-time rendered. the backgrounds are all precomputed.