GameCube Graphics

jciaccio

To those people that said that the PS2 will continue to have the games...look at DOA 3 and Oddworld...both were in development for the PS2 but when MS sent them developer kits and they started with the Xbox, they drop the PS2 versions like a hot potatoe.

Jayzun

LOL...this has nothing to do with PS2 vs. XBOX power. Oddworld was BOUGHT by Microsoft...just like Halo. DOA3, was also bought by microsoft for exclusivity. Has nothing to do with power. Has to do with microsoft having $$. Nice try though.

NeoTrunks

Yea. MS buys their way out of everything. Anyway, I actually got to play the gamecube today. I played Rogue Leader. Having actually played the GC, I'll give my 2 cents. Graphicswise, the system contends with whatever CG computers they used to enhance Starwars: A New hope Special Edition. It rendered a cutscene from the movie in real time. That was pretty damn cool. The graphics are incredible. There's none of that fog crap to hide stuff in the background. Basically, you could see the deathstar for a pretty long distance, while having hundreds (literally) of laser canons shooting many green, glowing lasers, about 50 or so tie fighters, also shooting wildly. While seeing all of this, on screen at the same time, the system never drops a single frame. It was pretty damn nice. The controls are very responsive. The game was also actually fun.

The load times were none existent. The system loads so fast, you can barely even tell it's on a CD type medium.

As for you purple bashers, the GC also comes in a jetblack color, which is what I played on.

Enough.. I must sleep now.

neo1980

was that the ONLY gc game you played..i think its the ONLY good game on it

Joel

Saw, but did not play Super Monkey Ball, incredibly clear graphics, played Luigi's Mansion, very nice, played Rogue Leader, very, VERY nice indeed. The games will only get better as developers learn new tricks to get the most out of the system (any system, by the way)

SLOSifl
Originally posted by Spectre

no. as far as i'm concerned, only the game characters are real-time rendered. the backgrounds are all precomputed.

It's not an opinion, Spectre. The environments in Resident Evil for Gamecube are rendered in realtime.

• 1 month later...
thuggers

PS3 is due out in another couple years, That will mark the end for xbox, as they don't expect to even begin to turn a profit till late 2004.

Spectre
Originally posted by SLOSifl

It's not an opinion, Spectre. The environments in Resident Evil for Gamecube are rendered in realtime.

source? the only RE game with real-time backgrounds is code veronica.

Miran

XBox and PS2 = eyecandy only.

Wait until Zelda is released for Gamecube. Then we'll see sales.

Nintendo is the only company that actually cares about their games. MS and SONY are all money.

So ya, if you want eyecandy spend $600 on PS2 or XBox.

If you want a solid, well made system, value priced and with excellent games - get the gamecube.

I don't play games of course, I consider them indicative of human laziness.

boobless

StarFox

fur1.jpg

fur3.jpg

fur5.jpg

Metriod Prime

metroidprime_0607_screen007.jpg

metroid_screen006.jpg

metroid_screen003.jpg

Eternal Darkness

eternaldarkness_1211_screen006.jpg

eternaldarkness_screen004.jpg

eternaldarkness_070201_screen004.jpg

eternald_screen005.jpg

Roger H.

still Xbox for me.. i love it and i think it's better than anythingelse out there

sanctified

yeah, for sure metal gear solid 2 is pure eye candy, right?

I dont think so, gamecube are only for kids

tHaCuBe

Xbox is the way to go. Nintendo is for the 8 year olds, ps2's graphics are old and thus limited, being how sony said ps3 is being pushed ahead and xbox is the new player for ALL ages... i think xbox will end up winning the "Console War"

Cyberscope

XBOX has much better graphic than all 3 consles, i just got Silent Hill 2 and played it on my HDTV full 16:9, the graphics are remarkable, better than anything i have ever seen, not to mention the game is pretty kool and scary just like the first one but better..hehe :)

NeoTrunks

"Console War"??? The only ones fighting in the console war are the people flaming in the forums. And, for the record, Dreamcast OwnZ Jo0!

X
Originally posted by Cyberscope

XBOX has much better graphic than all 3 consles, i just got Silent Hill 2 and played it on my HDTV full 16:9, the graphics are remarkable, better than anything i have ever seen, not to mention the game is pretty kool and scary just like the first one but better..hehe :)

The first one is coming back for gamecube...

Joel

Have not played Xbox, only Gamecube, so please do not see this as a Xbox bash.

Everywhere I go in forums now has the debate about which console is better and everyone says that Xbox rules because of graphics and Gamecube is for kids. If graphics were all it was about, then games would look as good as life and be about as boring (maybe it's just my life :( ). Xbox should not be ALL about graphics but about gameplay, too. Nintendo always has very playable, fun games that are strangely addictive and they are not all kiddy games. Some are ports, some are original, most are fun for one reason or another and a lot of them are aimed at the family rather than the "mature" player. I read somewhere this week that none of the Top 10 games sold last year were rated Mature (maybe one, I don't remember where I saw this to check), and if Mature is your thing, remember 007 and Perfect Dark and look forward to Eternal Darkness and others coming soon. It saddens me :( when I hear Xbox fans bash the Gamecube and say "Xbox rules" because they think that graphics make the game. Sure, they look good but hopefully they're fun, too. Most Gamecube games are fun and some are fun AND scarily good-looking. Let's just have fun and play games.

Thanks for listening, peace.

Baigley

I hope that X-Box Rapes the GameCube...

I have only played a couple of games on Game Cube, and i have to say its pretty good...

Right now, i really like the PS2...

-Gta3 10/10

-MGS2 10/10

-GT3 9/10

nekrosoft13

when it comes to consoles

i would say

1) x-box has the best potential, and deal for the money, and best visuals

2) ps2 best selection of games right now.

3) gamecube is just for kids !!!!

if i would get a console i would chose between x-box or ps2.

stay away from the gamecube

but right now i'm sticking to my good pc :)

PC rulez

p.s. oh and i'm waiting for emulators for x-box and the ps2 :)

Guest foo

you have to keep in mind that the xbox is basically the same as a pc that came out a couple years ago. It has a 733mhz celeron processor for starters. Comes with all the same parts a computer would. The only difference is the video card, which you can basically get for pc now.

http://www.vanshardware.com/articles/2001/...011116_Xbox.htm

The xbox is a computer. It isn't made especially for games. The gamecube and ps2 are made purely for games. From the controllers down to the smallest part. What MS built is a multimedia hub for your home.... I haven't played a gamecube, so i can't judge that But I used to own a ps2 (sold it cause i'm not really into games as much as i used to be), and i have played a lot of xbox. Hands down I'd get the ps2 again. Simply because it has more potential. The xbox has as much potential as a 733mhz celeron pc. While it don't believe the machine will become unpopular and be pulled like the dreamcast, it can't compete with the ps2. The only thing that will limit the ps2 is when Sony releases the next game consol. The gamecube will stick around because the games are fun. I could care less if the graphics don't look that great. Heck i still have my n64....simply because its fun. I love the Genesis and Nes because they are fun. Obviously not for the graphics. And I like the games on ps2 (EA's college football and basketball are my favs, which are also ps2 only)

so there ya go....

foo

Chicane-UK
Originally posted by Fonze

well, considering MSG took like 3 years to make, and almost all of the game you list came out a year after the console was released. Just admit it loyal PS2 fans, the PS2 had a ****ty launch compared to XBOX due to lack of games. DOA3 and Halo blow away any gamer, expecially hardcore FPS gamers.

And if i'm not mistaken the PS2 screwed over at launch because of a manufactureing defect. and also many people returned the consoles due to problems, atleast thats what my local EBX sayd. bringing up the detail of MSG having so much detail is so irelavent. so you can shoot the bottles and they break, and you can shoot the tv and the screen goes black, ohh yea, well in duke nukem i could give a dancer some money and she would shake her money maker. i sure liked those detailes, and i bet the developers didn't spend years doing it.

If you want a console with amazing graphics and 2 of the best games for their type, DOA 3 and Halo, then get XBOX. but if you want a slow moveing, boreing but detailed game like MGS, then go for PoS2. (and plz stop being Playstation Nazis, it's asthough they hate everything other than their beloved PS and must do everything they can to try to take away it's glory)

Jesus.. you should take a look in the mirror mate. You go on about people being PlayStation nazi's yet you are sat there slagging every other console off and making the Xbox out to be number one.

I personally prefer PC's. But everyone is entitled to an opinion. Try to be a little less of a hypocrite mate.

Chicane-UK

I would say though.. that I just sold my PS2 - I had it for about 4 months. I only really bought it to play Gran Turismo 3 and it didnt let me down ! But I figured I probably wouldn't buy any more games for it so I just sold it.

If I was to buy another games console, I would buy a GameCube - in my opinion, the only reason to buy an Xbox would be Halo, but seeing as Halo will hit the PC this year I can stay free of Xbox.

Gamecube has got some very very sweet games - and Nintendo are one of the greatest console / games makers ever. I have nothing but fond memories of my SNES so I think the Gamecube will do pretty well.

Again.. no flames or hassle.. just an opinion.

mDagar

Halo is coming out for the PC ..... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought My PS2, and I must say, I'm not disapointed. The first game I got was Metal Gear Solid 2 and that game is ****ing awesome also. The details and the **** you can do in the game is great. All the small details put into that game you can use. Now I'm scared that all the other games I buy aren't going to be as good. :) We'll see.

And seeing as Halo is coming out for PC, everything works out perfectly for me :) But I think I'm going to have to get a new vid card ... my geforce2 mx just isn't going to hold up anymore.

sanctified
Originally posted by Xcert

Halo is coming out for the PC ..... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought My PS2, and I must say, I'm not disapointed. The first game I got was Metal Gear Solid 2 and that game is ****ing awesome also. The details and the **** you can do in the game is great. All the small details put into that game you can use. Now I'm scared that all the other games I buy aren't going to be as good. :) We'll see.

And seeing as Halo is coming out for PC, everything works out perfectly for me :) But I think I'm going to have to get a new vid card ... my geforce2 mx just isn't going to hold up anymore.

lol, my current card is a nvidia riva tnt2 32mb

hopefully my new card will be a g-force 2 mx 400 64mb, not the best but way better