Torrent App for OS X

As an addendum to my previous post...for those that want an advanced torrent app, Azureus is capable. Not ideal but capable. For my needs, Transmission does what I want. Personally I think Azureus is a pos app.

What is the main differences between XTorrent and Transmission? The backends are the same, so what options make XTorrent worth the money?

I'd say it's the interface mainly but also the in-built search.

Radish?

What is the main differences between XTorrent and Transmission? The backends are the same, so what options make XTorrent worth the money?

Beyond Xtorrent's search feature I don't see what's so amazing about it's interface compared to Transmission. It's layout is different but not necessary that much better. So to be perfectly honest, I don't think it's worth the money at all.

But hey, that's just me.

For that much money I would assume that there's more to it. So 20 bucks for searching and a pretty gui, and another 20 for new releases unless you pay the extra 9. All so you save a few seconds at a torrent site. Rip off.

For that much money I would assume that there's more to it. So 20 bucks for searching and a pretty gui, and another 20 for new releases unless you pay the extra 9. All so you save a few seconds at a torrent site. Rip off.

I think Xtorrent is worth it, so I paid for it. The search feature is great and the app feels elegant. I don't like digging through sites to find a torrent. Its one of the very few applications that I can honestly say I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

$29 for the license + all future upgrades pays for itself rather quickly with just a couple of downloads.

azureus + iMac 20" here... can't complain, it sure starts slow, but the download speed is really good for me...

it dusnt slow down my system too much, still can play very well CoD:2 as if it wasnt running...

Glassed Silver:mac

I think Xtorrent is worth it, so I paid for it. The search feature is great and the app feels elegant. I don't like digging through sites to find a torrent. Its one of the very few applications that I can honestly say I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

$29 for the license + all future upgrades pays for itself rather quickly with just a couple of downloads.

I agree. It was worth it for me, obviously it won't be for everyone. It's just that I tried Transmission and didn't really like it.

Trasmission gets my vote. Awesome speeds, all the options i need and love its simplicit. The best torrent client for os x IMO.

xTorrent is a nice app, but as stated above its hardly worth paying the price for the search and a nicer GUI. Transmission is all I need.

my macbook pro is out for repair but i heard about Tribler, https://www.tribler.org/ , anyone tried it?

edit:// os x download - https://www.tribler.org/attachment/wiki/Wik....dmg?format=raw

Had never heard of it before, downloading now. But Good God! 71.9MB for the DMG file for a torrent app???

edit: even worse, the app itself is 262MB!!! WTF?!?!?! And the app doesn't have a titlebar? I can't figure out how to move it around on the screen, it's stuck at the top left corner. I'll play with it a little more, but I have a feeling this POS is about to get deleted.

Edited by roadwarrior

Had never heard of it before, downloading now. But Good God! 71.9MB for the DMG file for a torrent app???

edit: even worse, the app itself is 262MB!!! WTF?!?!?! And the app doesn't have a titlebar? I can't figure out how to move it around on the screen, it's stuck at the top left corner. I'll play with it a little more, but I have a feeling this POS is about to get deleted.

The Windows screenshots and the BETA 1 in big caps was enough to convince me not to download it.

try xtorrent :)

actually, does any1 know of a client that allows you to modify the tracker URLs, as well as select what files in a torrent to download (ie like utorrent on windows )

actually, does any1 know of a client that allows you to modify the tracker URLs, as well as select what files in a torrent to download (ie like utorrent on windows )

I'm quite sure Azureus allows you to do that.

I'm pretty sure I saw an option which allowed you to change the tracker when I used Azureus. I know Azureus supports partial downloading, but I never figured out how to use it.

I know Azureus supports partial downloading, but I never figured out how to use it.

It's incredibly simple. On the window that pops up when you open a torrent, you simply uncheck any files you don't want to download.

At the moment I use Tranmission, but it's noway near as good as uTorrent on the PC. Apparently they are building a version of uTorrent for the mac, I can't wait!

At the moment I use Tranmission, but it's noway near as good as uTorrent on the PC. Apparently they are building a version of uTorrent for the mac, I can't wait!

Any ETA?