• 1st (bought at launch)
    • 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th (+)

I posted about 4 days ago telling about one bloggers bad luck with the 360 and my own personal experiences of the "Ring of Death". I asked everyone to tell their own stories and post what number they were on. There were 5 pages of comments in just 3 days and 1.5 thousand views so I decided to turn this into a poll. Please dont turn this into a MS bashing extravaganza or start calling people liars when they say theve gone through 4+ consoles and treat their console with nothing but care.

so, how many 360's have you gone through?

Origial Post

haha yeah 14 does sound like BS, not becuase i dont think 13 other 360's could fail(im sure they could :p)... but after about 8 or 9 im sure you would curse microsoft to hell and never ever think of touching their product again anyway, haha

3rd.

My 1st came ( right out of the box )with a HD error # 67 or something like that, and would"nt communicate with controllers.

My 2nd had a failed HD the 1st time it booted up...said no HD was connected, though it was.

My 3rd came in a smashed box ( last one they had ) and has been perfect and problem free...go figure...

First, running great. Never crashed/froze/overheated, and its not even that loud, I don't know why people think they are loud. It's played over 80 games (33 retail and the rest XBLA).

Me and my brother both have a Launch 360, neither of us have had any problems whatsoever. I'll admit to being neglectful at times (like leaving it on until it shuts down automatically) but it is still running in full swing.

It's crazy though that my friend, who was right behind me in line waiting for the launch at Wal-Mart, had to get another one because he was having problems with his first (overheating.)

edit: page 2 sniper

Bought mine in March 06, still runs as well as it did out of the box. I think, all things considered, the console manufacturers have done a pretty good job; you have to remember that there's so much more that goes into a 360/PS3/Wii/etc than what went into a SNES/Genesis/etc, so there's a lot more that can go wrong.

Loud!? Damn, when i turn mine on its like a heard of antelope being chased by a bunch of elephants who are running away from a pack of tigers being hunted by 36 jeeps with guns blazing. Im not even sure its possible to turn my tv up loud enough that i can no longer hear that damned thing. And once its on its liking watching a destruction derby event, actually my 360 probably crashes more times than that. It doesnt get hot though, not like a friend of mine whose 360 i'm certain is single handedly contributing to the melting of the polar ice caps. I'm on my second; its a love / hate sort of relationship...

I'm on #2. The first (bought in January 2006) had a steady increase in disc read errors and crashes until I couldn't take it any more and got it replaced.

its a love / hate sort of relationship...

lol, exactly how i feel about mine. i love my 360...when it's not getting disc read errors :rolleyes:

I've had 3 xbox 360's in total.

The first one was a launch console that lasted around 6-7 months and then died with the fabled 3 red lights of death.

The second console was a refurb that I received from Microsoft. I sold this one as I did not want a refurbished machine. I heard back from the guy that I sold it to that it too died with the 3 red lights of death. He did manage to get another replacement from Microsoft though.

The 3rd Console I have is one that I bought to replace the refurb. So far it?s working fine although the DVD drive does occasionally make strange scratching noises and drop in speed. It?s not damaging discs though so I'm holding onto it for now.

The fault rate of 360's is absolutely ridiculous. The fact a poll like that this has even been made is telling me something is very, very wrong.

The fault rate of 360's is absolutely ridiculous. The fact a poll like that this has even been made is telling me something is very, very wrong.

i agree. i think i mentioned this in the other thread, but from looking at this poll, either neowinians are very unlucky when it comes to 360s, or microsoft has some serious issues with production...and i'd assume it's the latter.