Yellow Icon in taskbar

Sometimes, in XP (pro, sp1) this icon appears

bug.JPG

If i hover it, it doesn't say anything (no tooltip) and double clicking it, just like right-clicking it, makes it go away..

What is it? :cry:

not sure... but you might want to run ad-aware and see if it's spyware??

i have a little program i can mail you that shows you all the apps that are starting up with your computer and lets you disable them

mnation@sbcglobal.net

My networks consist of my ethernet card and my cable modem..

And both my HD have more than 500 MB free (yeah, it sucks, will buy me a 60 GB for Xmas)

I believe the treshold to receive a warning about low space is 200 MB, and when it happens, double clicking the icon brings the clean-up dialog..

:no: :cry: :cry:

:no: :no: :no:

no, that's not it either.. Maybe God just doesn't like me..

BTW, couple of minutes after i get this icon there, my PC just freeze. JUST FREEZE to death, must use switch to reboot. Geez, i got XP !! it's supposed to "not freeze?". At least, I don't have BSOD :D

i get low virtual memory on a rare occasion and it comes up with that icon

but mine (xp pro sp1) shows the ballon as well....

i wonder why the ballon doesn't come up?

:blink:

hang on....Do u get other ballons bcause i think i remember in Xp-Antispy u can disable ballons

Sometimes, in XP (pro, sp1) this icon appears

http://pages.infinit.net/vlxyalhy/bug.JPG

If i hover it, it doesn't say anything (no tooltip) and double clicking it, just like right-clicking it, makes it go away..

What is it? :cry:

its an exclamation mark, trying to tell you that something is wrong with windows. if you disabled ballon tips then you won't see the message.

it can mean Physical memory low... say opened a folder with lots of movies in and had it to set to thumbanil show.. and u had low ram it would show that msg.. just give ur machine a restart.. :)

It's not always low disk space. It might be another critical error, like Altezza experienced. You should turn off balloon tips for now to see what it says.

:blink: turn off?? You mean turn on...