Xbox 360's and wireless gaming

I was wondering if its possible to use a different wireless adaptor on the xbox 360 or do ya have to go and buy the official one?? There so expensive

If ya can go buy a normal one (i noticed the xbox one uses the usb port anyway) will it allow the drivers to be installed on it?

no, you can only use those "Wireless Game Adapters" from Linksys or other places that plug into the LAN port on the 360 and then convert to wireless. Only the official 360 one would work as designed.

You can also buy the older Xbox wireless adapter that's cheap now and plug it in... think you'd be limited to .11B tho... i don't think those had G with them.

I actually bought the old 802.11g one for the original xbox and can say with confidence that it would work great if yo ucan find one, on ebay they are like $40 I think.

ok yeah.. ooops.. it does work with 802.11G but it's missing WPA or WPA2 or something that lines so you'll have to use WEP. The ones from Linksys and DLink and the others have WPA (i think)

the official controller's good enough and not too pricey at that...i even dropped them on a few occasions but still it works.

wait a minute this could explain my lack of progress in certain games...