All sound to one speaker

Ok, so here is the problem. Whenever I listen to music on Window's Media Player, or Itunes the sound always ends up in one speaker, it like mixes into one speaker. When I use the equalizer to try and split it out and put it in Left speaker it still stays in the right speaker, when I try to put it to the right speaker, it still ends up in the same speaker. How do I split it up? Currently I've converted the mic slot into a subwoofer so it will split out evenly, or if I switch it to rear speakers it will also work. This is getting very annoying, can someone help me out with this so I can use the original plug? I currently have AC97 Audio Configuration. If you need any other information ask me.

on board, and I've already tried moving the balance, when I move it to the left, the should stays in the right speaker.

have you tried using a different player? try mpc its only 1 exe file. i would automatically think balance but it could be something else. try changing the speakers around to make sure its not the speakers themselves.

They are just normal stereo speakers. I've also tried different applications, but the same thing still happens, sound only comes out of one speaker.

off center? All sound goes to the right speaker, when I try to split the sound (like make sound go to the left speaker) You only hear the split on the right speaker, meaning that the left speaker is never used and the sound all comes from the same speaker. It gives me a headache. @_@

sounds like either one of your speakers is shot, OR, your sound settings are inbalanced. get a portable cd player, walkman, mp3 player, etc, and plug it into the computer speakers. see what happens. if there's still no sound, then you just need new speakers.

I know there's nothing wrong with the speakers because my AC97 configuration. I changed the Mic port into a subwoofer port and the other speaker worked in that port. I also turned the Line-in port into a line-out port and both of them worked.

could be your sound card then. i'm out of ideas. i still say that it's off center / inbalanced (eg. problem with some software somewhere)

if you have another operating system, eg. a live linux CD... you might want to check that... if it works there, then it's definitely something wrong with your software configuration.