Xbox Live Maintenance

Xbox Live, Xbox.com and the Xbox forums will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday March 27th (next week) from 0000 to 1400 PT. As a result of this maintenance, Xbox Live, Xbox.com and the Xbox forums will be unavailable during this time. I thought I'd give you enough time to plan next weeks gaming schedule. What to do while you can?t hop on Xbox Live? Xbox.com has you covered with this list. This is purely ?back end? work that we scheduled months ago. This is not a dashboard update?that will happen later this Spring.

source

14 hours is a lo:shifty::shifty:

I think it's a good thing they take their time with it. No rushing means less screw-ups.

Doesn't bother me at all. I haven't been on as much as I used to be.

im lazy, whats this in GMT??

yeah i think id have to agree that it may be a long time but it means they get plenty time to do their job and get it back online without any major hiccups... last thing we want is a rushed job that might stop us from playing our games over live etc

good to see they are doing their part to keep things as smooth as possible :)

At least they're being more realistic about how long it'll take. They always say the maintenance will only last a few hours and it always ends up taking much longer.

do you think they have a big jimbumbo switch that says "xbox live" on at the top and off at the bottom they throw to enable/disable live thats guarded by 10 aliagators...?

Could this possibly be for the spring dashboard update?

if you actually read it, it says clearly "this is not a dashboard update...that will happen later this spring." :shifty:

if you actually read it, it says clearly "this is not a dashboard update...that will happen later this spring." :shifty:

Hmm..reading is a powerful thing aye?

do you think they have a big jimbumbo switch that says "xbox live" on at the top and off at the bottom they throw to enable/disable live thats guarded by 10 aliagators...?

:blink: WTF!

:laugh:

It could be security and just normal hardware upgrades, the article says it's not a dashboard update, but doing back-end work/upgrades is probably so they can support and be ready for the next update. You have to first do the servers before you push out the client updates.

yeah i guess the semantics are there...scheduled maintenance...but the last one which we didn't know bout was scheduled in retrospect if i'm not mistaken.

I thought they've always told us when scheduled maintenance was going to happen. :rofl:

well i got an email about this a few days ago im sure about this happening so they told me at least :p

well guess i better play now before it's shut off tonight... the last one was Feb 20th 2007 for like 3hrs and yes they did tell us Neoadorable!