Happy Larney Day

Happy Larney (and dwergs) Day?!?!

Special Happy Birthday to dwergs of mess.be!

I always forget you share the same birthday as me. Hope you have a fantastic day :)

Well, it's back. Like that sting in that ass that urm really stings. The main point of this thread is the fact I am 19 today and Larney Day was missed (by anybody who remembers the first one) last year because I was banned (or something to that affect) but please excuse me while I talk about a few other things beside my birthday..

I thought I would take some time to prepare this thread for what now is just another hilarity in my complicated life. For those of you who do not know me please feel free to leave POSITIVE comments but they will not mean as much as the comments I am hoping to recieve from numerous people who I refer to as true friends. It's been a up and down few years in my existence on Neowin and it's now setlled down into a happy medium.

As most 13/14 year olds do they start off as a failure at maturity and lack of respect for people who have far more knowledge than a 13/14 year old wants to admit to be lacking. So the first apology goes to anybody who I decided to talk down upon/talk crap to a few years ago thinking I knew better than them. The only outcome being me losing respect from them and showing just how stupid I was.

Looking over my record of warns/bans I want to give out a big apology to the following people: Toxicfume, FlishFun, Mr Magoo, Radish(tee-hem) (who is an utter legend), Armeck, Creamhackered/TomW (another utter legend), BOOGSoftball and finally an ex-Moderator here at Neowin but who will hold stong memories in my mind for many years WishX.

I am happy to say the stupid/immature Larney that flooded the forum with unwanted comments has been squashed by the maturity that now is with me. It's amazing what realities and twists life can bring along isn't it? I used to be a very immature person who used to be bothered by alot of things but recently I have found myself to be with thick skin to many situations being not bothered by them.

To keep this thread as short as possible I'll keep the depressing factors nothing beyond the end of the next fewparagraphs. In the past 6-12 months life really has been put into perspective for me. Those who really know me well will know that in September 2006 my brother, just turned 21 on the 25th of March (yes the day before my birthday and yes yesterday), was invovled in a Road Traffic Accident which, without going into too much detail, saw him fall from on top of a camper-van, while it was moving onto his head and then onto his site so suffering brain damage and balance issues.

I am not going to dwell too much on the negative factors of his accident as he's walking, talking, speaking, eating etc but suffers from memory loss, problems with making decisions, and balance issues. The whole situation has affected my whole family, least of all me to be honest but it still has affected me emotionally, as his problems are on-going. To all the people have sent their best regards thank you it really has helped to know such kind people specially alot I have met on Neowin.

The last depressing things that has happened within the past few months is my great-grandmother passed away who was the fantastic age of 96. Bless her soul -- she was fantastic and is missed from all sides of the family. Her funeral was the the first time I've shed a tear in far too long. Themacho facade alot of people hide behind hides them from the reality - we're all human and all shed many tears.

I'm done on the whole life story thing now. I have met alot of people I condiser to be good friends over my few years here at Neowin and I would like to take the time to thank some of them. Apologies go out if I do not mention you below as I can't mention so please don't be offended you all mean alot to me -- also these people are in no particular order just how I thought of people and looking through my MSN list:

TomW - legend and very close friend. apologies for all the times you had have to put up with me being immature.

Radish(tee-hem) - complete legend. thank you for letting me talk to you and please get onto MSN more!

Chris123NT - cool guy, keep up the guides.

Coffeee - true friend. love you man!

Rafael/Uxtheme - always a good laugh and a true friend. mrs. uxtheme queen!

James Proud/Mx2 - decent-ish guy ;)

Stephen/Ref'X - you've been such a good friend to me over the past year. such a cool guy and so understanding. [never change man. YOU'RE NICE LIKE RICE...CAUSE RICE IS NICE =)

bunnios - yes, you may have my babies.

David/m00/d3ftone - funny guy and a good friend.

Aussie - what's not to love? you're awesome and stay that way! also, keep on changing your hair! (not sure if you even have an account here)

TimRogers - friendly fellow. known you for quite awhile and you're always fun to talk to.

Ahmad/Apatch - funny guy who is always up for a laugh. thank for you letting me test apatch!

Ben/Kerm - funny guy who lives in the same city as me but I have never met. you have awesome taste in music!

WinMacLin - very good friend. thank you for everthing over the past few months. keep on making good images etc.

Hypoxiaicon/Bruce - congrats on finding a happy life. known you for some time now and you're always a good laugh to talk to. best of luck to everything in the future as I know you don't bless Neowin with your presense much anymore.

Overdo - very good friend. Liveside.net owner and an MVP. I love you man :)

cjb1118 - i will someday find out what your last name is. you're a true friend and thank you for all the times we've had a good chat.

..Vector.. - good and funny guy. you've got better taste in music than me which is hard -- keep it up!

Daniel Evans - you made the best wallpaper in the world. Hi-Fidelity https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=288154 - you're a funny guy and a good friend.

iHomer - funny guy who never seems to be around as much as he used to although we did speak the other day.

Forster - you're delicious even if you do have a new "man". you always bring a smile to my face. get onto MSN more!

Jack Pearce - haven't heard from you in awhile. hope you read this thread and make contact as it would be nice to hear from you. you're a true friend jack and i hope life is treating you well even if you don't want to talk to me right now. i understand. i look forward to the day when you sign back onto MSN and we can talk like we usually do.

bangbang023 - we talk randomly and when we do it's always fun. keep on making the podcasts they are funny even though I have only listened to one so far.

disturb3d - haven't known you for that long but you're a funny guy. i look forward to having many fun chats with you when your router allows you to stay online.

DaveG| - not known you for what 2-3 weeks on IRC. sheffield lad so you're cool. we will meet up someday soon ;)

AlphaAlien - funny guy who I've got to know over the past few months. you're amazingly wierd -- don't change that!

Dyne - What can I say? you asked to be added. SO HERE YOU ARE!

Finally, a big hello goes out to all the Neowin IRC users new but specially old. I've had alot of fun times on IRC (even though it may not seem that way to people in the channel currently). Thanks to all who keep the IRC Servers going (DaveLegg etc) and all those who talk in there as knowing people have more knowledge than me puts me right into my place!

Thank you to Redmak and Neobond for making this website and to ALL the staff members who do a overly-good job at keeping the forums user-friendly for everybody to use -- I have disrepected alot of you in the past but please accept my apologies. It really is a brilliant community of people. Apologies to anybody I have ever upset/annoyed here on Neowin.

Apologies for making this thread so long there was just alot I wanted to say and alot of very good people I wanted to thank for all their help/support/friendship over the past few months/years/etc. You all mean alot to me and sorry if I have forgotten to mention anybody. I hope the people I want to get to read this thread and share in a celebration of me becoming yet another day older.

This thread took a good hours thinking of how to write and I've had a few good cries during making it thinking of old memories and the such.

Thanks to all. Hope everbody is having a fantastic 2007 so far.

Larney :)

I leave you all with the following thought:

We are all trying to get/go to somewhere in life, I just hope I go in the same direction as you do.

Edited by Larney

Its a shame you forgot about the people that where your real friends, when nobody else even liked you, until you fell in with the scene and started acting as if you where better than them and where a jerk to them :no:

Its a shame you forgot about the people that where your real friends, when nobody else even liked you, until you fell in with the scene and started acting as if you where better than them and where a jerk to them :no:

Shane, you were a friend at one point and I don't hold and hard feelings. I don't deny I started to act like I was better than everybody else. Unblock me on MSN Shane, we can talk agian if you want to. Please accept my apologies. I miss the days when we used to talk all the time :)

HAHAHA I remember when Tom made that video, good stuff :D

the real question is how many will its views go up? its at 137 right now (so that its recorded ....)

B

Then why are you posting in here? Thanks for your off-topic and honestly unrelated and boring post but if you bothered to read my main post, which you clearly did not, you would realise what this thread is all about.

For those of you who do not know me please feel free to leave comments

Of course i was already free to do so.

I got the jist of it, It's your life story wrapped into a topic on neowin about your birthday and other forum members.

For those of you who do not know me please feel free to leave comments

Of course i was already free to do so.

I got the jist of it, It's your life story wrapped into a topic on neowin about your birthday and other forum members.

Positive ones I was hoping for. Not people who have probably never read any of my posts and just want to post to get a +1.

Thanks for all the continued replies :)