utorrent + Vista

I use basic install config and my dls are fast. No problems over Fios.

Hi!

I recently moved to Windows Vista and i experience very slow speed using Utorrent.

When i was with Windows Media Centre, things were much much better.

Anyone else with this combination ? Can share your configuration please ?

interesting post, followed some tips myself and it works good, although it seems after 10-20 minutes my net drops and my router needs to be reset, any fixes for this?

interesting post, followed some tips myself and it works good, although it seems after 10-20 minutes my net drops and my router needs to be reset, any fixes for this?

Are you using upnp?

using upnp does that to my router. so I switch to manual port forwarding.

I tried with Vista Home Premium 32bit.

But on MOST torrents, i get low speed. Only with openoffice or ubuntu i get high speed.

I haven't downloaded more than 3-4 at once w/ utorrent in Vista.. I'll have to try that. It could be the mentioned limited connections to machine for Vista.

The talk about boosting with half connections is interesting.. I'll have to try that out and see.

Vista's overall download is slower than XP.. for just simple direct download with IE or FF or download managers like flashget. Not every site is slower. There must be something in the new network/firewall/security codes that doesn't go well with some sites and apps. ipv6? too much overhead?

[little off topic]

After that past few days of installing a lot of Vista machines, I went back to use the computer at my shop with xp that I set up a while ago... I feels like going from driving a hummer to a rally car racer! :laugh:

Even though i download just 1 torrent, i sometimes get speed like 0.5Kb/s.

It is really very bad. I tried the autoleveling already. And i am sure my port is very well forwarded. And i use xx/128Kb/s settings which according to www.speedtest.net is correct.

So what is wrong now ?! I am very ****ed with this!

Alright... Mine was also running slower. And for all the people who think the half-open connection thing is a myth. You are incorrect.

I've installed P2P Turbo, increased the half-opened connections to 100, the changed the option in utorrent (preferences>advanced> net.max_halfopen to 75. My speed immediately jumped to ~250 from 75 kbps. Lowered the option again, speed dropped back down.

Alright peoples. P2P Turbo ruined my UPnP, and eventually took down my entire network connectivity.

Do not run it on Vista. Done.

Alright peoples. P2P Turbo ruined my UPnP, and eventually took down my entire network connectivity.

Do not run it on Vista. Done.

I don't know about that...

• 3 weeks later...