US Army email address format

emmx

Does anyone here know the format the US Army uses for official email addresses?

For example, I'm in the Marine Corps and our format is 'firstname.lastname@usmc.mil'

I'm trying to contact my uncle who is in the Army. If I can find the format they use then I can guess his email address. Either that or maybe someone in the Army that is on here can look it up for me?

Thank you.

Hum

firstname.lastname@usarmy.mil ;)

SacrificialSoldier

glad to help

don't be to hard on hum, post count complex!

BigDaddy5

Just as an FYI, not all e-mails follow the us.army.mil. Quite a few are command dependent, like West Point cadets can have a @usma.army.mil, or someone in PERSCOM can have a @perscom.army.mil address. Someone in MEPSCOM might have an @mepscom.army.mil, recruiting command might have @usarec.army.mil, etc. Just so you know, not everyone follows the standard format.

emmx

I know he trains the drill sergeants (somewhere in North Carolina I believe). He is a 1stSgt (just recently got promoted). I don't know what base or anything else.

SacrificialSoldier

Why cant you call him?

BigDaddy5

You sure it's not Fort Jackson, South Carolina? That's where the Drill Sergeant school is. You could always call the unit and ask for him:

http://www.jackson.army.mil/dss/index.htm

His last name isn't Sargent is it? (Just noticed the deputy commander)

emmx

Maybe it is South Carolina. No, his last name isn't Sargent. Yes I just saw that page too. I guess I could call and ask for him. I'll try that.

Thanks for all the information.