Best Website Design Program

Question

Hi everyone,

I am doing a little project for some people and I would really like to know what the best Web Site Design software is.

There is one which I am seriously considering: PSU http://www.psusoftware.co.uk and I would like to know your opinions on it.

If there are better program to create them with then please list them below.

i can write pretty fluently in HTML script, but the people who I am investigating this cant, and therefore the program needed is preferrably easy HTML. If you look at PSU then it is basically you creating by dragging etc and the HTML running in the background (simplified expl) and it is sort of like Microsoft Expressions Web, which I quite like....

Opinionate please! i really need to know....there must be tons out there!!

Thanks

medking

Dreamweaver all the way... I also like webcipher

Edit wow $2000... can't even think about it... its more than what I earn in a month :o

Edited by sweetsam

Thanks for the input, i also need some feedback on PSU...Anyone ever used it..?

is it good....worth it.....not good...total crap??

Thanks

Medking :)

EDIT: By the way, money is not so much of a problem. PSU is worth around 2000 pounds....4000 dollars...sooo...

Edited by medking

Well, I'd say if you can afford it Adobe Dreamweaver is the one to go for. With superior features and quite easy WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, any website creation is fairly simplified.

Microsoft offered with their previous premium Office packages FrontPage, which had quite limited features and some annoying occurencies, such as adding unneccesary code in the final webpage.

I'm not familiar at all with PSU, and therefore not able to judge it... try searching for reviews on Google :)

Ok thanks...ill be monitoring this post every fifteen minutes so keep on going people, im looking to explore all of the options...

By the way, the 2000 pounds....thats what the people im doing this for are looking to spend on PSU...not exactly what I have in my pocket :)

thanks

Medking

Another vote for Dreamweaver. In regards of PSU, never heard of it - seriously, price doesn't always represent quality.

Dreamweaver has brilliant support, many extensions and a massive community. It's deffinately the one.

I found Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2007 superior than Dreamweaver 8, don't get me wrong, I love Dreamweaver, but after tried Sharepoint Designer, this application blew my mind

notepad...

dreamweaver is for n00bs :rolleyes:

i can write pretty fluently in HTML script, but the people who I am investigating this cant, and therefore the program needed is preferrably easy HTML.

Perhaps you could enlighten the rest of us where the hidden WYSIWYG features of Notepad is to be found....?

I prefer WebCipher 2, it has the basic functions I need, and I prefer to write all my code instead of having to insert it with Dreamweaver.

I love Dreamweaver, and I am looking foward to the new release from Adobe this year. Although I do agree FrontPage all the way up to version 2002 (XP) was not the best in regards to efficient and lean code, I believe it has improved. However, after 2003 it was scrapped and loosely replaced by a few different products.

There is what Lasker mentioned, Sharepoint Designer 2007, Microsoft Expression Web, and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition.

I've never tried Sharepoint Designer 2007, but from what I can see it shares the same concept as Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition; of which is more made for people who are designing dynamic websites that use the ASP/ASP.NET language.

I think Microsoft Expression Web would be best suited for you if you do not find Dreamweaver to your liking. You can have a free trial on all the software titles I mentioned, and The Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition is actually free from Microsoft.

Best of luck in finding the title that suits you & your clients best!

notepad...

QFT. the only way to really do it is to get your hands dirty. any other way is a waste of time because youll just rely on that program and not learn anything.

Yeah I'm sure amazon.com and many of the most profitable websites were done in notepad. Definately not dreamweaver, that would be silly right?

Is dreamweaver a practical solution for someone who is a total noob (me) at web design?

I bought a basic hosting plan with GoDaddy and am looking for someone to build a custom web gallery for me. If dreamweaver has WYSIWYG, maybe I will give it a shot? How practical is this for me?

Dreamweaver is a good WYSIWYG editor and its a great tool to learn hand coding. I started with frontpage moved on to dreamweaver and now I just use dreamweaver as enhanced html editor. I don't use the WYSIWYG part anymore. If anybody wants to learn web design I would strongly recommend this path.

Dreamweaver is probably good for a beginner that doesn't know (or care for that matter) how to code but just wants to create a website. But if you want valid code I would strongly suggest you use a (freeware) program like Notepad++ and learn to code by hand. You will be much happier in the end if you truly want to learn how to design sites.

I also recommend WebCipher and it is made by a Neowinian I believe. You should check out Open Designs which has lots of free templates that are all valid code. You can learn a great deal by taking one of these that you like and dissecting the code. It is one of the best ways to learn IMO.

I'm very impressed with Frontpage 2003, I use it quite often and its come along way from previous versions.