Vista 101.70 Leaked Drivers

Well, all I can say is, in XP I couldn't play TDU very well, 800x600 was my max.....Vista of course has been awfulfor gaming, but now, I can actually play TDU perfectly fine with HDR and high settings @ 1024x768! I can actually read the guages now. I'm blown away! :woot:

Well, all I can say is, in XP I couldn't play TDU very well, 800x600 was my max.....Vista of course has been awfulfor gaming, but now, I can actually play TDU perfectly fine with HDR and high settings @ 1024x768! I can actually read the guages now. I'm blown away! :woot:

Same here my friend, this is the ONLY game that actually runs far better on Vista. :cool:

^ Are you saying that for you the Vista drivers are better than the XP ones?

No, XP still the OS for the pure gamer, but what I'm saying is that NVIDIA have certainly fixed TDU related issues in version 100.65+ and up, since the game runs very smooth now all high settings on my 7800GS, it ran very slow on XP with weird graphics using 97.xx something, the slow down of a driver issue... you know the feeling :D

Every other game still have lower frame/issues compared to XP. (FIFA07, CSS, Sims2).

i just bought eVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB (even though the woman is going to kill me when she see's how much i spent on it) anyways i have to say is these drivers are sweet and work beautiful.

Well tried out the new drivers on BF2142 and the same problem occurs. Gameplay is good but starting the game the same problem is always occuring. When starting you have orange and white lines across the screen. The sound is Ok in the background. I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE to get to task manager. Then I hit ESCAPE then have Green and white lines across the screen . I then press ESCAPE again and enter the game. Works fine after that. who knows.... Any ideas,,

This driver has increased performance in WoW for me :) Best I've used by far.

Just thought I would report back after using them a day. I would once get "NVIDIA drivers failed but recovered" error jumping from the Task Bar every so often when gaming or some other 3D utilizing task with the 101.64(?) Drivers. But with the new ones I no longer get that error. Much more stable and my boot time has decreased by at-least half.

Great drivers. :)

Drivers are working very nicely, the previous ones ran good too but i get a bit more fps and better performance in these drivers, now for some proper nForce4 drivers lol

I just downloaded and installed them, my card's [6800GS] performance in still very poor in games :( I get the feeling Nvidia will be dropping support for the 6 series [in Vista] soon too (if you remember the FX series was also (suppose to be) supported in Vista and was up to RC-2, then was dropped when Vista went RTM) Looks like I'll be keeping XP as my gaming OS for some time I think.

Windows Update (Vista Ultimate) is currently prompting me to download the following:

nVidia - Video - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Download size: 50.9 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

nVidia Video sofware update released in March, 2007

More information:

http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20041926

More information:

http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

It wasn't showing as an update yesterday. Date Published is today (7th April). Anybody tried these? Could these be later than 101.70?

Steve.

-EDIT- Just discovered that HDR+AA appears to working in Oblivion with 101.70!! This is the first time I've got this working in Vista! I had to change the global settings to 4xAA, the individual settings for games still don't appear to save.

Edited by sjgore

Battlefield 2142 got a performance boost for me. I clean installed Vista Ultimate and put the 101.70 drivers on.

Anyone guess what the final build no will be? 101.80?

Windows Update (Vista Ultimate) is currently prompting me to download the following:

It wasn't showing as an update yesterday. Date Published is today (7th April). Anybody tried these? Could these be later than 101.70?

Steve.

-EDIT- Just discovered that HDR+AA appears to working in Oblivion with 101.70!! This is the first time I've got this working in Vista! I had to change the global settings to 4xAA, the individual settings for games still don't appear to save.

Confirmed to be WHQL 101.70 (Y).

I hate to sound stupid, but I'm kind of new to all this.

First off, how would I go about installing the 32bit driver? Sorry again for my ignorance.

Steve.

Weird. I'm not getting anything over here :/