[UK] Samsung LE26R74BDX/XEU

http://play.com/Electronics/Electronics/ST...TV/Product.html

I've been looking at this TV for a while and I've just got back from checking it out for real in Comet. It has everything I need but, before I order, I just wanted to know if anyone has had any bad experiences with it, or with Play.com's choice of couriers to deliver large electronic goods.

I personally have never had a problem with any of my gadgets from Samsung so I'm pretty certain it'll be okay on that front but I've never ordered large goods from Play.com before, so I am slightly concerned in that aspect.

P.S. If it makes difference, I'll be using it for gaming more than anything else.

I bought one of these from play.com just after Christmas for ?499.99 Delivered. I've had no problems with it and love the picture... one thing I do notice though is that when viewing non-hd content (from my Sky+ box or from a video recorder) the picture seems almost interlaced and blocky.. it's very noticable when pausing, but you can tell during slow moving action too. Another thing I've noticed is that when the picture is really dark, the TV attempts to compensate by increasing the brightness..and vice versa. This is fairly annoying and I've yet to figure out how to turn it off, im sure its some kind of "enhancement" feature.

HD content (like my Xbox 360) look lovely though, although I strongly recommend you get the VGA cable rather than a component HD cable as this provides better quality than component.

It came by courier from play.com. The tv was surrounded by polystryrene in a cardboard box and then in a sealed plastic bag for transport. There was no damage to the screen and the delivery arrived quickly.

Thanks for the reply :) I never even thought about the VGA cable, but now that you've mentioned it, I've thrown it into the cart. Thankfully, since I'm using my UCAS card, I can get the TV and the cable for less than the TV by itself which is cool :D Thanks again.

I recently ordered a 32" samsung set from Play and found them to be excellent... I hope you have as pleasant an experience with them as I did...

I have this TV and also got it from PLAY, great service mine broke a tad was getting some distortion on the screen but samsung sent an engineer round and it was just an audio cable not plugged inside the tv properly.

New models are starting to hit the shelves now. The LE2R87BD would be the newer version of this set. Either way, it's a good set with a good picture, though you'll probably want to tone the settings down a bit when you get it.

i got this tv and its really good, almost had it a year now, broke the other day, the freeview box software froze, so they sent an engineer over to just reset the software.

How do you use student discount on play.com? Id use that site more often if i knew they did that!

playvx5.jpg

Should be here tomorrow. I can't wait.

I've had to wait a while because of the Easter weekend, and there was a little bit of a scare when there was a bright red message on the Outstanding Orders screen saying the debit card couldn't be accepted after we had done a security check :pinch: but we managed to get it sorted out eventually :sleep2: :D

though you'll probably want to tone the settings down a bit when you get it.

Will do. Thanks :yes:

How do you use student discount on play.com? Id use that site more often if i knew they did that

Well with my UCAS card I just put my card number in the voucher box. I don't know about other cards though.