Forum wide rules link added

I guess this replaces the 4 lines of rules we always had when we used vB.

These may change over the coming days but the general rules will not (just the wording maybe) These rules also appear when you sign up to Neowin now before you select your age so they are seen at least once by new members. Moderators will also quote a rule when members break our community rules this way members won't need to feel singled out because the rules are forum wide, not at our descretion whenever we feel like it.

Please have a look, they will be familiar to long tern members and I hope people also take note of these frequently preached guidelines on Neowin.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/rules.htm

post-19-1040159551.jpg

it would be more visible on the left..

as a majority of people read left to right, and not right to left...

great idea though.

yeah i just saw that. I was wondering when that was implemented.

Can you change the colour because it looks the same colour as when u get a new private message?

sorry but thats the idea mate, its supposed to stand out its also the reason I left it a small word "Rules" instead of "Forum Rules"

and to answer xStainDx on the left to right thing, Neowin typically has its options on the right, also its in the standard "My Controls" purposely alligned right so it doesnt obstruct attention away from the forum navigator or logo.

yeah i just saw that. I was wondering when that was implemented.

Can you change the colour because it looks the same colour as when u get a new private message?

sorry but thats the idea mate, its supposed to stand out its also the reason I left it a small word "Rules" instead of "Forum Rules"

and to answer xStainDx on the left to right thing, Neowin typically has its options on the right, also its in the standard "My Controls" purposely alligned right so it doesnt obstruct attention away from the forum navigator or logo.

i meant like this neobond...

RULES|My Controls|My Assistant|<messages>|New/Active|

not left justified, leave the justifacation the way it is, but consider what i'm stating here...

I am glad that that was added because I have noticed that a lack of modding and a increased abuse of the forum rules.

oh trust me, there is tons going on. Keldyn alone has 353 moderations since the IPB upgrade. In total there are about 1500 :s :D