[BIG RUMOR]StarCraft 2 Coming?

An article from a Korean site called Fighter Forum is claiming that a StarCraft 2 release might be around the corner at the end of 2007. The article is also full of meaty gossip morsels that include a new race being added to the game, and a super-sized whopper of a rumor that claims Blizzard will shut down the original StarCraft servers to make ensure that the sequel will come out on top.

source: Kotaku

source: Kotaku

won't happen, they won't shutdown old starcraft servers. Even if it was true honestly I don't care. Starcraft is out of my world. Way too long for them to pull a sequel to make the game effective.

While it's nice to dream, people have been spreading SC2 rumors since SC1 came out. I choose not to care until Blizzard themselves slip up and say something.

My friend's brother works at Blizzard and is working on SC2 right now. I've been saying this for a while now...

My mother's cousin's daughter's friend's brother's girlfriend's nehpew is an old college roommate of the Blizzard's CEO, and he says he heard SC2 is being developed as well.

My mother's cousin's daughter's friend's brother's girlfriend's nehpew is an old college roommate of the Blizzard's CEO, and he says he heard SC2 is being developed as well.

Alright, smartass, I heard it directly from my friend's brother himself, and he works on the actual games and is working on SC2 RIGHT NOW. You can think I'm lying all you want, but I'll be the one laughing when it actually comes out.

I've known Blizzard has been working on StarCraft 2 ever since the release of StarCraft: Brood War. What matters now is knowing the release date. Personally, I think it's too late for a StarCraft 2 release. I haven't played it in so long.. I almost forgot the story line to it.

Alright, smartass, I heard it directly from my friend's brother himself, and he works on the actual games and is working on SC2 RIGHT NOW. You can think I'm lying all you want, but I'll be the one laughing when it actually comes out.

Please don't take me too seriously, I was only kidding. I have no idea if you were telling the truth or not, but you have to admit that when you see other people talking about how their "relatives' relatives' etc. know something" you do kinda question the validity. And it's ok to laugh, it was a joke after all :cool:

Please don't take me too seriously, I was only kidding. I have no idea if you were telling the truth or not, but you have to admit that when you see other people talking about how their "relatives' relatives' etc. know something" you do kinda question the validity. And it's ok to laugh, it was a joke after all :cool:

Well it is hard to get humor out of just some regular text... You know, maybe if you'd put a :p after your post I would have gotten it.

No hard feelings :D

Starcraft had a story?

it did actually. a lot of people i know who have played through the single player story mode say it's pretty good. i've never done it, so i wouldn't know. i was more interested in the multiplayer aspect anyway. i think that's the mode that interests most people, so they wouldn't have a problem with it being released after so long.

What about StarCraft Ghost?

After numerous delays and platform changes, SC Ghost was finally scrapped by the development company. (I forgot which one had the rights to it at the end)

I've heard its going to be released as a bundle with Duke Nukem: Forever

Hah, nice. :pinch:

Whoa its like a blast from the past, id forgotten about that game, when was it released about 1999? and SC Ghost and duke nukem forever its amazing how games that seemingly had a good concept and from the concept pics we saw looked good, yet just didnt make it. Whereas some of the crap that comes out now....hrmm.

well the Blizzard-con is coming very soon, it SC2 is supposebly to be out, they'd announce it there.

I would love to see StarCraft 2, I love the original but I wish Blizzard would patch it one last time to allow changes of the resolution (because it's so darn blurry at 1280x1024 on an LCD), they already changed the icon to a pretty one so.. :p