[BIG RUMOR]StarCraft 2 Coming?

Of course SC2 is in development. Blizzard would be stupid not to make another game in this franchise as it would be a for sure money maker.

That being said, I seriously doubt we will see SC2 by the end of this year. Once Blizzard makes an official announcement it will be at least 2 years away given their track record with WC3 and WoW.

Personally I would love to see a SC2 - only I would want them to keep true to the original animation and keep the "classic" 2d sprites and all - sure, make them as vector graphics so they scale with resolution changes, but dont make them look wierd like the easter egg in WC3. as for the storyline... i'm sure since the release of SC1 they've come up with a continuation of the storyline, especially since the "secret" scenario with the hybrids.

Noticed these ill fated games seem to have ironic names. StarCraft "Ghost" vanished, and Duke Nukem "Forever" is taking... forever :/ Its a bad sign if SC2's full title is announced and has something like "Myth", "Vanishing", "Invisible" or "Lost" in it.. XD

Zomg I love Starcraft and it would be awsome if the company had a proper say in this instead of some guy who started a massive rumor :pinch: . It would be awsome but if they stop the old servers that Blizzard will find that they will get alot of angery people who still play the original Starcraft!

I don't think Blizzard will ever make SC2, they know it's impossible they can make it as good as the first one. That's what I've always believed at least.

I agree 100%

Of course if they go down other avenues like Starcraft:Ghost or Starcraft:MMO (I don't think it would interfere with WoW if they made it very action oriented like Planetside without leveling done right - blizzard style)

I dont think that they would honestly ever make a Startcraft MMO. The game just dose not have enough ( as it is at the moment ) to make it into a MMO such as WoW or even bigger. I think that Blizz should just stick to working on Starcraft 2 ( if they are even making that ) or just move on to a different project.