Office 2007 Databinding

Question

Hello,

I have recently been having a strange problem with Outlook that I haven't encountered before and that reinstalling Office doesn't seem to fix. Whenever I load Outlook it loads as normal but never completely loads Outlook Today. It just sits unresponsively using 100% CPU power continually whilst "Databinding". Last week it was working fine and it has only been this week (after an error with shutting it down before packing up my PC to return to uni). I have tried reinstalling Office and that has no effect on this problem. I have also run the .pst file repairer and that had no effect either. I also tired running it without the Avast and Zonealarm plugins and that had no effect either. It is rather annoying being unable to check my email with Outlook (although I can just about use it to do all my normal programs whilst Outlook is running - just slower). I have run out of ideas of how to fix this problem so I am wondering if any of you have any more ideas on how to fix it.

Regards

hnosyalnif

6 answers to this question

Tried another reinstall and the problem still occurs (can't be a problem with the install as it happened from an Error with Outlook). Is there anyway to prevent Outlook:Today loading without going into outlook and changing it?

I think it takes the time databinding if it has to open large PST files to get the data to display. is your PST "large"or do you have a lot of folders / information shown from multiple PST's?

If you are viewing data over a network it may be down to the speed of that or the size of your OST file.

To turn off Outlook Today, let it load and then click "Customize Outlook Today" (should be at the top of the page).

Remove the tick next to "When starting, go directly to Outlook Today"

Save Changes.

There probably is a way to diasble it in the registry, but I don't know where that is I'm afraid...

None of my .pst files are very large and they are held locally. As it never gets to Outlook Today (even after 3 days of Databinding) I can't change it in Outlook.

Fixed the problem. It was corrupt .pst files. I thought I had repaired mine (but they were infact my backups from the other computer and dating back 2 years or so). When I repaired the current .pst files Outlook loaded fine.