Yes! I get my 360 back

It will be a refurb, I've yet to see MS send out new consoles, except for when the 360 was brand new.

Sent back mine last month (bought Jan 2006) and they sent me a brand new replacement.

Sent back mine last month (bought Jan 2006) and they sent me a brand new replacement.

Did you have to pay anything for the repair costs of yours? I just hope I don't have any problems with mine I got mine on release day and have not had any problems yet.....knock on wood.

Did you have to pay anything for the repair costs of yours? I just hope I don't have any problems with mine I got mine on release day and have not had any problems yet.....knock on wood.

Nope. It was outside of the warranty period, but consumer law takes care of rubbish like that.

w00t! I got it back! WOW much more quieter than my first two. So far so good :) Oh and in the letter they sent back with it it said I got a free one month XBL card but there is no card in the box lol I guess someone forgot to put it in. I will have to e-mail the customer center and let them know :D

w00t! I got it back! WOW much more quieter than my first two. So far so good :) Oh and in the letter they sent back with it it said I got a free one month XBL card but there is no card in the box lol I guess someone forgot to put it in. I will have to e-mail the customer center and let them know :D

Yeah, apparently that's the new BenQ drive... That's one thing I'm going to love about my Elite :)

Enjoy!

awesome. i'm planning to call in about my 360's disc read errors and scratching my rainbow six disc. hopefully i'll get another 360 with a quieter drive if i send it in. it would also be great if the 360 i won from vanishing point came this week, so i'll be able to use it while my current one is being taken care of.

quick question though. i've been hearing about microsoft's customer service reps...mostly bad stuff, but supposedly they've improved. so how long will the actual phone conversation with the reps take if i decide to call in today? only reason i'm asking is i have stuff to do this afternoon and don't want to be on the phone forever.

awesome. i'm planning to call in about my 360's disc read errors and scratching my rainbow six disc. hopefully i'll get another 360 with a quieter drive if i send it in. it would also be great if the 360 i won from vanishing point came this week, so i'll be able to use it while my current one is being taken care of.

quick question though. i've been hearing about microsoft's customer service reps...mostly bad stuff, but supposedly they've improved. so how long will the actual phone conversation with the reps take if i decide to call in today? only reason i'm asking is i have stuff to do this afternoon and don't want to be on the phone forever.

When I called I wasn't on the phone for more than 10 mins. :)

I Finally got mine back as well.

Though, I wish I could say the same about it being more quieter. Honestly, I can't tell. Next to my PS3 and Wii, the thing seems hella noisy. Noisier if anything.

I, like you, am just happy to have it back. (Y)

PS- They didn't offer me a free month of XBL :(

Nope. It was outside of the warranty period, but consumer law takes care of rubbish like that.

Would you care to elaborate more on what you exactly mean by that?

• 2 weeks later...

so i sent my xbox 360 in.. under repair status this morning it said console recieved or something along the lines of that. now tonight it says no pending repair. does that mean they sent it/a new one out? cause i havnt received an email. but maybe im just not being patient enough. i should get an email by tommrow right? just making sure because this is the first time geting a repair. i got the dreaded 3 red lights and i want to make sure everything works out. thanks

I Finally got mine back as well.

Though, I wish I could say the same about it being more quieter. Honestly, I can't tell. Next to my PS3 and Wii, the thing seems hella noisy. Noisier if anything.

I, like you, am just happy to have it back. (Y)

PS- They didn't offer me a free month of XBL :(

Same. I just received mine back after my 2nd attempt at sending it in. This is the second time my disc tray has been screwed up, royally. They too, offered me a 1 free month of Xbox Live Gold Membership.

I am just hoping it works this time around. I will be trying it out this weekend when I get to my dad's house (where it was sent to).

i called in today to check the status of my 360. they received it yesterday and the guy said that it was "repaired" and shipped today. i checked online and the console registered to me has a different serial number than the one i sent in, so i figure i'm getting a refurbished unit. the guy on the phone wouldn't confirm that when i asked him...he just kept insisting that it was repaired. oh well, hopefully this one turns out better than the last. i should be getting it back soon.

Yeah, apparently that's the new BenQ drive... That's one thing I'm going to love about my Elite :)

Enjoy!

Are you saying that you are excited that your elite has a BenQ drive? I heard that the elites all had the hitachi drives. I know mine does but i thought that all of them did.

Are you saying that you are excited that your elite has a BenQ drive? I heard that the elites all had the hitachi drives. I know mine does but i thought that all of them did.

nope, not all have hitachi drives. pixels was lucky enough to score a benq.

nope, not all have hitachi drives. pixels was lucky enough to score a benq.

Thats cool ... but the benq's cant be modded right?

well i got my 360 back a few minutes ago. i'm going out so i can't really test it until later. i did a quick check, turned the system on, checked the disc drive, and popped in gears of war. everything seems to run fine so far, but then again i only turned it on for 5 minutes. i'll see if i still get the disc read errors later on. i got a 360 with a samsung drive, same (loudness) as my previous one, but this one has a manufacture date of august 2006 (previous was may). looks like a new system, as the faceplate is much whiter and cleaner than the old one lol, but i believe it's refurbished. got a free month of live as well. i'll update later when i get to thoroughly test it out.