VLC vs GOM vs MPC

VLC vs GOM vs MPC  

291 members have voted

1. 1. What media player for videos?

• VLC media player
    • GOM Player
    • Media Player Clasic

I'm currently trying to figure out what media player to use for video because seriously I can't decided.

I've done some searching and have three good ones that are all talked about on Neowin a lot. Found lots of posts even saying there should be polls about this so here one is!

For this I think it should mostly be judged by how they play video files, audio playback dose count and free free to reply with all your input but this is for me and all the other people who are looking for what video player to use.

I already use VLC on my Mac laptop well because it's the only one of the three that run on OS X, so I already know it decently well.

GOM seems to be more of a hidden gem most people don't know about it but most people that try it turn seem to love it.

Media Player Classic is a great player, I don't think its the option I want to use but that's why I'm posting for you guys to inform me and the others. Main reason I don't think MPC is for me is because of codec's. I have heard lots of bad story's about codecs and even though some people have no problems with them it still seems that some people do have problems. But please feel free to inform me and the others about codecs.

Media Player Classic + FFDShow + CoreAVC.H264 + AC3Filter = Best win32 media solution :)

I also like VLC player, when I'm not at my pc's, and just want a quick simple universal player.

KMplayer is the most versatille out of all mentioned in the poll, it also has the lowest resource usage. It can be intimidating to new user for sheer abundance of options, however if You are in doubt it will work flawlessly even in default mode.

I though I mention it here cause like GOM and VLC it does not rely on system codecs to decode audio/video/subtitles.

www.kmplayer.com go to English page for reading and Download.

There are no problems whatsoever with MPC, at least none that I've experienced. The people who complain are often people who are too lazy to find some of the rarer codecs. Just dl CCCP and everything should be fine. :cool:

For some reason, I've recently started using the Creative MediaSource 5 player. :|

Surprisingly, the video quality is great and it has some sort of really subtle color enhancement that actually makes most videos better looking than the original! And even more surprisingly, it supported practically every codec I've ever tried on it!

Media Player Classic + FFDShow + CoreAVC.H264 + AC3Filter = Best win32 media solution :)

I also like VLC player, when I'm not at my pc's, and just want a quick simple universal player.

same setup here. MPC + filters for best quality, VLC for quick vids.

Tried GOM recently, went straight back to VLC.

Same, i actually use VLC and MPC, but only using MPC when i need to load subtitiles, since im shortsighted (huh?), and the subs are BIIIG, but it dosent clone or expands well on different resolutions (with 2 monitors)

Gom dosent look sexy to me...

Same setup. 720p vids at 50% usage is (Y). (low end Sempron mind you)

Can you explain to me why it's the best win32 media solution? I'm not a huge video guru and simply use VLC to watch everything.