Dream car on $130k

i'd buy, a Civic, Integra, S2000 and a NSX all of which has to be Type R's and then Mugen them all up if there where not jdm already and then perhaps if theres any moneys left over get some drift lessons xD

If not i'd pre-order the new Nissan Skyline and have it all the extras and then per haps get NISMO to tune it and then finally learn to drift xD

I'd go with a top-of-the-line 7 series for luxury. I can't decide on which car I would buy for speed. :p

I would get either a fully loaded Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier and use the rest of it to pay off cc bills and purchase a bigger house.

Nice...but they only make like...300 of them a year.

The waiting list is...well...long :/

The Vantage is the most highly produced Aston Martin of all time and when I checked, the waiting list at my local dealer was non-existent. eBay will tell you that.

I'd wait for the 2008 BMW M3. If you're looking for something sportier, the Audi R8 is astonishingly beautiful, and makes a powerful statement. The Porsche Cayman is a sexy vehicle, too ;)

Yea, one of the gotchas on the high end cars is the waiting period.

An Audi R8? A year or more wait.

The Tesla? 2 year wait.

Ferrari? 3 or more year wait.

(for new ones)

A very big difference from when I got my Chevette... ;)

I would just wait for the Audi R8...great tests. Think its in the latest Evo Mag that they test ride it and it gets some amazing results =]

Well after giving it a lot of thought, reading through the posts here and more research, I have put in an order for a new car. It'll come in next February.

When I get it, I'll post some pictures.

But it isn't an Audi R8. The waiting list for that is like 2 years right now. In fact, a LOT of really good cars have very long waiting lists, but the R8 was particularly long. Plus, I'd want to hear actual real driving experiences with it as opposed to a Car and Driver review and such. ;)

I just don't like the Veryon's looks. Plus, I'd be afraid of damaging it. You mess that thing up and you're talking major inconvienece (can't just take that to the local body shop).

I damaged my Jag's front bumper on the curb at work backing out apparently. Didn't even realize I did it and it's going to take some serious pain to get it fixed because everything has to be special ordered. And a Jag is a junker car next to the Veryon.

Audi R8

Cool video featuring the R8, Veryon, Porsche GT3-RS, Gallardo Superleggera, and AM DB9 SP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTX76btGqPs

Quite an odd collection of cars. The Audi R8 looks good.

That he even whines about the lack of airconditioning makes me wonder if he's just dumb. That type of car isn't supposed to have airconditioning.

But I miss the Koenigsegg CCX because I live in the same county as they are manufactured and that I like the simplicity of Koenigsegg over the clumpsy looking Veyron.

And if I ever needed something to be done on a Koenigsegg, I could just drive to the factory. :)

$130k is a lot of cash. I would just buy something that just works, nothing too fancy to keep the insurance costs down and lower the probability of the car beeing stolen.

Repairs aren't allowed to cost too much either.

If I could afford a Koenigsegg, then I would order one instantly! :shifty:

Ford GT

Best car in that price range IMO. Beating other exotics that cost 2-3x as much.

Eh, Clarkson bought one of those and ended up selling it back to Ford shortly thereafter. It had an absurd number of problems even when brand new. I think he bought a new Lambo instead.

If I were going to pay that much for a Ford, I wouldn't expect it to have the reliability of a Ford.

Eh, Clarkson bought one of those and ended up selling it back to Ford shortly thereafter. It had an absurd number of problems even when brand new. I think he bought a new Lambo instead.

If I were going to pay that much for a Ford, I wouldn't expect it to have the reliability of a Ford.

I think he got a lemon.

Lots of other long-term owners that I have read up on haven't had any problems.

When you buy a fully-working trouble free model (which I am sure the majority are), it is a fantastic car.

That being said -- I am not a fan of Ford in general. The GT is literally the only Ford that I would ever consider purchasing. But I hold it in high regards for its class-leading performance and beautiful looks. In actuality it kind of amazes me that is comes from Ford -- seeing as how their other vehicles are lackluster in my eyes (excluding some of the companies they own that do not carry the Ford badge).

Seems like his car was doomed right from the start. When you buy a car like the GT, fuel consumption should not mean a thing... and you better make sure your roads are compatible with the wide-low body style. Those narrow British streets are hardly ideal.

In addition to my love for Audi and other German cars, my dream car collection cannot be complete without Bugatti Veyron.

The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is currently the fastest, most powerful, and most expensive street-legal full production car in the world, with a proven top speed of 407.5 km/h (253 mph), though several faster or more expensive vehicles have been produced on a limited basis.[1] It reached full production in September 2005. The car is built by Volkswagen AG subsidiary Bugatti Automobiles SAS in its Molsheim (Alsace, France) factory and is sold under the legendary Italian/French Bugatti marque. It is named after French racing driver Pierre Veyron, who won the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1939 while racing for the original Bugatti firm.

The Veyron features a W16 engine?16 cylinders in 4 banks of 4 cylinders, or the equivalent of two narrow-angle V8 engines mated in a "W" configuration. Each cylinder has 4 valves, for a total of 64, but the narrow V8 configuration allows two camshafts to drive two banks of cylinders so only 4 camshafts are needed. The engine is fed bfour turbochargersb>, and it displaces 8.0 L (7,993 cc/488 in?) with a square 86 by 86 mm bore and stroke.

Putting this power to the ground is a dual-clutch DSG computer-controlled manual transmission with 7 gear ratios via shifter paddles behind the steering wheel boasting an 8 ms shift time. The Veyron can be driven by full automatic transmission. The Veyron also features full-time all-wheel drive based on the Haldex system. It uses special Michelin run-flat tires designed specifically for the Veyron to accommodate the vehicle's top speed.

Curb weight is estimated at 1890 kg (4,160lb). This gives the car a power to weight ratio of 529 bhp/tonne.

The car's wheelbase is 2710 mm (106.3 in). Overall length is 4462 mm (175.8 in). It measures 1998 mm (78.7 in) wide and 1206 mm (47.5 in) tall.

The Bugatti Veyron has a total of 10 radiators.[2]

3 radiators for the engine cooling system.

1 heat exchanger for the air to liquid intercoolers.

2 for the air conditioning system.

1 transmission oil radiator.

1 differential oil radiator.

1 engine oil radiator.

1 hydraulic oil radiator for the spoiler.

Source

Price: ~$1.5mil

post-1520-1183509578.jpg

post-1520-1183509593.jpg

post-1520-1183509599.jpg

post-1520-1183509647.jpg