Xbox media center!?!

Hello all,

I have a PlayStation 2 but I don't use it much except for watching DVDs. So I was thinking of trading it in and getting a pre-owned xbox. The first thing I would do as I'm not much of a console gamer is install(find out how to) xbox media center.

Before I go and get a xbox I have a few question about this 'xbox media center' program. First of all, what do you people(the ones that have it) think of the program?, Is there any major problem I should know about? and Do I need to get my xbox 'chipped'? Also anything else I should know, I would like to hear.

Thanks in Advance.

- Brad

To use XBMC your Xbox needs to be chipped since it's not a Microsoft signed application.

I'm using the latest release of XBMC and I don't see any problems at all - I'm using my Xbox 95% for watching movies. I have movies on my ethernet drive which is accessed by XBMC via Samba - works great! :) Also XBMC can:

• Act as dashboard and start any application on your harddrive or any network drive
  • Play movies in virtually any format (xvid, divx, wmv, mov, mpeg...)
  • look up your movies on IMDb
  • fetch Apple trailers (python script included)
  • Play directly from RAR files
  • Play directly from DVD images
  • View images, play any audio file etc...

Where can you d/l the latest version of XMBC? I've seen loads of post-release edits on torrent sites etc but I have no idea which to go for, or if better of with original?

Where can you d/l the latest version of XMBC? I've seen loads of post-release edits on torrent sites etc but I have no idea which to go for, or if better of with original?

It's not really up for download in a legal way.

I can't go into the details here, for obvious reasons.

+1 for Softmod ... very simple to do, does not require buying a chip from a 3rd party site, doesnt require you to open up your xbox... all you need is an Action Replay+memory card, original version of Splinter Cell, and a few files that can be found online... i did mine for about $30

Well I got myself an xbox. Now I need to find someone to mod it. Most likely soft mod. What ever costs lest.

You dont need to find someone to do it... you can do it yourself with very little effort..... pick up a Action Replay + a memory card, also grab a used copy of the original Splinter Cell... post back once completed..

Thread closed due to constant on the edge piracy talks regarding torrents and how to download and mod the xbox, which is not allowed.