Leaked Halo 3 Beta Video

cant really stand this game never liked it and dont seem myself liking this one either :(

It doesn't really matter what you think. Halo 3 will be successful and will sell a ton of copies.

It doesn't really matter what you think. Halo 3 will be successful and will sell a ton of copies.

and how does that change his opinion?

to each his own..

Why do people post these messages? If you don't care for the game, don't click on the thread.

Are you serious?

Lets think about this for a second... Perhaps he clicked the thread to check out the new Video since this is one of the more hyped games around. He then watched it, which then in turn reminded him how he does not like the previous games that much, and his overall impression was he was not all that impressed with this video at all and probably expected more.

And the magical reason I know this is perhaps how he felt and he is able to share this opinion if he wants?

It is the same exact way I feel.

I have always thought the Halo series was over rated, and bearing in mind this video is just a beta leak and who knows what build, I see nothing swaying my opinion the other way. And I really want to be swayed, as I love just a classic FPS MP game. Do not get me wrong, I think Halo MP is fun in doses and I will buy this game and play some MP for sure, I just do not think it is the end all be all some make it out to be.

Are you serious?

Lets think about this for a second... Perhaps he clicked the thread to check out the new Video since this is one of the more hyped games around. He then watched it, which then in turn reminded him how he does not like the previous games that much, and his overall impression was he was not all that impressed with this video at all and probably expected more.

I agree Larry. I see no reason why people cant read a thread for a game they dont think looks great AND be critical of it without drawing personal attacks. Threads would be rather boring if it was just 100 suck up posts where everyone said "wow", "looks great" or whatever. People shouldnt need to defend a game as if it was one of their own children.

I mean I'm looking forward to it. Prob my number 1 xbox title I want but I still dont think those videos are up to the standards I had expected for the new title even if its a marked improvement over the previous videos. Shrug. I think it'll be a good game but if others dont who really cares?

is there anyway you can mega upload that because i cannot download it due to not having a premier or whatever account it says i have to wait 20 hours before i can download the second part.

This should work:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OGW4YLJA

I mean I'm looking forward to it. Prob my number 1 xbox title I want but I still dont think those videos are up to the standards I had expected for the new title even if its a marked improvement over the previous videos. Shrug. I think it'll be a good game but if others dont who really cares?

Where do people get these high expectations?? Maybe I have really low expectations, but I thought this looked great, not unbelievable, but still great . :) .

I agree Larry. I see no reason why people cant read a thread for a game they dont think looks great AND be critical of it without drawing personal attacks. Threads would be rather boring if it was just 100 suck up posts where everyone said "wow", "looks great" or whatever. People shouldnt need to defend a game as if it was one of their own children.

Thank you.

The truth of the matter is, this is an internet based Forum.

If you look up the definition of the word Forum, it is...

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

So for ideas to be exchanged, it means opinions are, and they can and should indeed differ, or it would be boring as all hell if everyone agreed.

This should work:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OGW4YLJA

Where do people get these high expectations?? Maybe I have really low expectations, but I thought this looked great, not unbelievable, but still great . :) .

well the other games I'm looking forward to are titles including the likes of UT3 and Crysis so at least technology wise those games look years ahead of what I've seen of the new Halo game. It doesnt look bad but it doesnt IMHO compare well to other PC fps. In a way I think GoW looks better even despite it being a very different game.

It should be fun but, in particular the online component.

Maybe it's just me, but unless they make it look 100 x better, it won't look as good as the teaser video from when it was announced.

(Sorry, I just had to get my "I told you so" comment in ;) lmao)

Still looks good though. But I'm not a fan of Halo MP... would rather see an SP video, but that'll be a long time coming.

well the other games I'm looking forward to are titles including the likes of UT3 and Crysis so at least technology wise those games look years ahead of what I've seen of the new Halo game. It doesnt look bad but it doesnt IMHO compare well to other PC fps. In a way I think GoW looks better even despite it being a very different game.

It should be fun but, in particular the online component.

o yea, well games like Crysis are using top of the line techologies to build there game, and it does look years ahead of Halo and so it should. I guess, while good graphics are a plus, it's down to whether you like the art style. Look at Wii titles like Zelda weak graphically, but still very impresive and pretty to look at.

Still looks good though. But I'm not a fan of Halo MP... would rather see an SP video, but that'll be a long time coming.

Of course SP will look different. There will be more decorators, particle effects, objects. They can't do that much in MP, because of gameplay balancing, lag, and exploits. The more things you add in MP, the more things people can use to "cheat".

I'm really anxious to see some SP too.

o yea, well games like Crysis are using top of the line techologies to build there game, and it does look years ahead of Halo and so it should. I guess, while good graphics are a plus, it's down to whether you like the art style. Look at Wii titles like Zelda weak graphically, but still very impresive and pretty to look at.

Yeah Bungie never intended to make Halo a gfx-whoring fest. It has a very distinct style, and it's all up to whether you like it or not. They never went for realism and amazement as with Gears of War, or Crysis.

Yeah Bungie never intended to make Halo a gfx-whoring fest. It has a very distinct style, and it's all up to whether you like it or not. They never went for realism and amazement as with Gears of War, or Crysis.

I think I said just that a few pages ago, but nobody ever seems to want to listen to reason.

-Spenser

Too many people are complaining about how poor it looks for it to be just a coincidence. I think it's fair to say it's not the best looking game ever made. In fact, I think it's fair to say that it doesn't break any graphical boundaries what so ever. But so what, graphics aren't that important if the gameplay is solid.

And one more thing - the whole "It's only an SD video capture" excuse doesn't fly, there's more to good graphics than just high-resolutions.

The beta excuse, on the other hand, is a bit better but still don't hold your breath, it's quite possible this is the "feel" of the game they're going for.

I think I said just that a few pages ago, but nobody ever seems to want to listen to reason.

-Spenser

Yeah I know. I read that. :)

But I just said it again because I noticed that nobody - like you said - was paying attention.

I noticed, but I dont think that makes any criticisms any less valid if thats indeed what Bungee intended, which I doubt. Bungee's been very particular to remind people that whenever a pic or video is released they reassure people the game will look better than whats shown. They do seem somewhat sub conscious about the fact their game doesnt look as good as other titles out there, at least in its current state, and feel a need to reassure people theres more to come. I also see no reason why they shouldnt or wouldnt strive for excellence in the visuals department.

Maybe a power drainer replaces the plasma pistol :p That way its a piece of "equipment" so there's only one on each map... lol

Oh, that would be freakin awesom! Imagine how hard it would be to snipe without any kind of reticule... I predict if it does that, people will put little stickers on their tvs in the middle so they know where to shoot lol

I'd guess it was a type of grenade that drained shields a lot (look at the top left corner, some new symbols there, possibly representing them). That way, players can run into a room, throw one at a group to get their shields down and quickly finish them off with a few machine gun rounds.