Leaked Halo 3 Beta Video

Yeah, that's what I was thinking with it maybe replacing the plasma pistol. I get so sick and tired of an entire 4 person team using the combo exclusively... And I know I'm not alone... I think this would be a much better alternative to the combo...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking with it maybe replacing the plasma pistol. I get so sick and tired of an entire 4 person team using the combo exclusively... And I know I'm not alone... I think this would be a much better alternative to the combo...

Unfortunately, at one point when he is in the base, he runs over a plasma pistol. So, it's still there. I have to download the movie on my laptop before I can find the time he runs over it.

And one more thing - the whole "It's only an SD video capture" excuse doesn't fly, there's more to good graphics than just high-resolutions.

Sure it does. All Xbox 360/PS3 games don't look like anything special on an SD screen. Even Gears of War is kinda meh. HD resolutions are what bring out the beauty of the games.

Well then compare gears of war SD to this video and Gears still looks graphically superior.

Like I said before though, it doesn't really matter as long as the gameplay is solid.

Looks like it is a major step up from Halo2.

However, the game looks like ****. Looks like Halo 2 with updated textures. And even though it is SD, the graphical difference should at least be noticeable between 2 and 3, especially seeing that the 360 is a major step up from the original xbox.

can you hook up a keyboard and a mouse to the 360 to play halo/gow?

Nope, not possible. You can use a keyboard for text input, though.

And here's a thought about the whole graphical issue - Halo 2 was SD, so shouldn't Halo 3 actually look better than it when it's in SD mode anyway?

To me it just looks like Halo 2. Sure you can say it doesnt look so good because its taken from an SD source, BUT i just feel like literally they are using the same amount of polys as they did in halo 2- thats just IMHO. I think thats why a lot of people are complaining, there is nothing wrong with having the same style, but next gen is alll about fleshing out characters and objects and environments. Then again i saw the vid doc with the brutes and thought they looked amazing and that was an earlier build, soooooo heres keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the game to come out... and oh yeah Im gunna be one of the first people in like with my preorder slip ;) dont forget that! lol.

btw any new word on the halo RTS?

Am I the only one who remembers that the beta is meant to test the matchmaking/networking system, not the graphics? :unsure:

Am I the only one who remembers that the beta is meant to test the matchmaking/networking system, not the graphics? :unsure:

This is true, but I believe Bungie said that the three maps you'll be getting in the beta (which don't include Zanzibar) are finished material (though still subject to change, obviously). So they should give you a pretty good idea, but this Zanzibar map isn't a finished one, hence why they probably never talked about it before.

-Spenser

The maps in the Beta aren't the finished product. Placeholders and "fake" textures will still be there, as well a few other placeholders for other items to be added for the final product. This simply is the next best thing.

I thought I wouldn't say this, but the game looks meh. I really hope they improve it by the time its out, because right now it looks like a Halo 2 with a Weapon Pack.

u guys throw around the word beta and halo 3 like it HASNT been in development for years. Unless they are planning to release this thing in LATE 2008 i think what they have now is prettyy close to the end product.

OK obviously the textures and such will be upped for final release. But it's pretty easy (for me anyway) to see how the graphics have improved, polygons, lighting ect...

PS: anyone else notice the scope on the sniper?? looks like an X-ray thingy...

halo3betazanzibarremaketi4.jpg

Looks like it is a major step up from Halo2.

However, the game looks like ****. Looks like Halo 2 with updated textures. And even though it is SD, the graphical difference should at least be noticeable between 2 and 3, especially seeing that the 360 is a major step up from the original xbox.

Off topic

I like your PS3 gamercard and almost made one until I realized it's fake and you have to manually type in the games you have "recently played". Kind of cool I guess.

Off topic

I like your PS3 gamercard and almost made one until I realized it's fake and you have to manually type in the games you have "recently played". Kind of cool I guess.

Yeah I really don't get that at all. If the PS3 had it's own system that could "track" your gaming/achievements there would be nothing wrong with it. But making an almost identical version for the PS3 that you have to edit manually? That's just plain weird, and I have yet to see a Wii owner do this.

Just wait for Home or something, because there might be an actual tracking system behind that. But honestly most of the people I see with that signature tend to be the one's who have a "hatred" for the 360 (Not everyone! Apologies to anyone who is reasonable yet uses it lol), so why the heck would they want to manually edit/create a fake PS3 one? That's essentially saying "Well the 360's tracking system rocks! Let's copy it and create a fake version so we can put it in our signature!".

Yeah I really don't get that at all. If the PS3 had it's own system that could "track" your gaming/achievements there would be nothing wrong with it. But making an almost identical version for the PS3 that you have to edit manually? That's just plain weird, and I have yet to see a Wii owner do this.

Just wait for Home or something, because there might be an actual tracking system behind that. But honestly most of the people I see with that signature tend to be the one's who have a "hatred" for the 360 (Not everyone! Apologies to anyone who is reasonable yet uses it lol), so why the heck would they want to manually edit/create a fake PS3 one? That's essentially saying "Well the 360's tracking system rocks! Let's copy it and create a fake version so we can put it in our signature!".

:rofl: It looks like some people took my recommendation seriously...

Just make your own card. Put your Sony ID (or whatever its called) in there. Constantly keep updating the most recently played games as well as the percentages complete. Add some 'Entitlement Points' here and there for good measure and bada-bing bada-boom, you got yourself a Sony ID sig! :D

Getting it back on topic it has certainly whetted my appetite. I'm pretty sure it will look much better when out but tbh even if it's only marginally better than what I saw i'm not to bothered as long as the gameplay rocks.

To me it just looks like Halo 2.

How are people judging the look of a game that's barely even in beta based on a shoddy low-quality video?

Yes we know, and yes its not true :)

Most likely it will be 720p native and at least 60FPS... which on my SD tv is more than enough :p