• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[car] Lemon laws in Ohio

shockz    5,448

Does anybody have a good source or place I can find information regarding the lemon laws in Ohio???

Or better yet... does anybody have experince dealing with a lemon car???

Ferret    6

What on earth is a lemon car ? :p

Tiger.Girl    1

lemoncar.jpg

A vehicle may be presumed to be a Lemon if:

1. The new motor vehicle has been subject to repair of a non-conformity a total of 3 or more times for substantially the same problem within 1 year or 18,000 miles of the original delivery date, and the problem still exists or recurs, or,

2. The new motor vehicle is out of service because of repairs for a total of 30 or more days during the first year, or,

3. The vehicle is subject to eight or more repairs for any non-conformity.

4. The vehicle is subject to one non-conformity that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury and the non-conformity continues to exist or recurs.

studio57lie    0

I'm guessing a car that out of all the working ones, was the one that doesn't (therefore the lemon) for some reason.

lemoncar.jpg

ROFL

DeeJay2    0

If you bought used you are SOL.

If you bought new you are entitiled to a full refund.

shockz    5,448
2. The new motor vehicle is out of service because of repairs for a total of 30 or more days during the first year, or,

Alright. I'm good on that one. I have the papers from the dealer to prove it. I'm actually at 32 days total.

I'm going to call up my lawyer and take the process from there.

Thanks for the help :)

mongoloid    0

If you go to lemonlaw.com, they provide you with a lot of information. They even provide you with their free services. I am currently using them for my lemon as well. Good luck!

In NJ the law is a bit easier. 3 times in the shop within 2 years/18,000 miles OR 20 consecutive (or non-consecutive) days in the shop, in its first year. My car turned 21 today, so I have things rolling. Best of luck again.

moloko    186
If you bought used you are SOL.

If you bought new you are entitiled to a full refund.

Me and my wife just went through this. We bought used. The car was in the shop for 4 weeks of the first six weeks we owned it. Luckly we got a bumper to bumper warrenty. but could not return it. Lemon laws are for new cars or cars that have very little milage (under 10k). We went through the BBB and that was the info they gave us.

Does anybody have a good source or place I can find information regarding the lemon laws in Ohio???

Or better yet... does anybody have experince dealing with a lemon car???

contact your local BBB.

shockz    5,448

I'll give an update.... the car was a 2007 Saturn Aura with 1400 miles on it. I won the car in a contest

It had 2 major issues... both with the transmission... another problem which made it sit at the dealer was a problem with the panoramic sunroof. It was there for 8 days just because of that.

When the transmission screwed up again... thats when I decided to start researching. My car has been declared a lemon. Compared to other people... they've had to wait forever for theirs to be declared a lemon. So having mine declared in a few weeks is good.

Now... I have a few options:

- Get a complete refund in the cars original amount... which is interesting, because I won it... but if I did this option I'd get $26,565 back.

- Get a new saturn aura

I'm leaning for the first option... and then buying a honda accord or civic.

The process of actually getting the money is a pain in the ass... legal fees from my lawyer are starting to add up so I'm probably just going to end up with a civic ex or si... which is what I was planing on getting in the first place... until I won this car.

Now... I don't know why my aura is so crappy... I know two other people with an XR and XE trim and theirs have been great. They've had not once complaint.

I just got a dud.... specifically with the transmission. Having the sunroof fall on your head is annoying, but still not a show stopper. It's the transmission that did the car in.

The saturn dealer has been believe it or not has been doing a pretty good job with the process. They have treated me with respect and honestly feel bad about the situation. So they do get points for that.

Edited by shockz

Pilsbury    0

Surely you are entitled to your legal fees if you win?

bdsams    365

thats awsome that you won the car, auras are nice vehicles too, too bad you got the bad apple

my prof always told me to check the date the car was made on, and if it was made on a friday its more likely to have problems....

Deadpool    0

Isnt that just a myth of sorts or has it actually been proven?

If anything, cars made closer to the end of the month would be the most likely to have problems.