XBOX360 120GB HDD

Out of curiousity, since in the PS3 you are able to use any drive you wish. In what way do Sony offer support if that drive were to fail, as HDD's often can.

I understand why MS offer only official drives, I'll assume it allows them to offer a warranty etc to the consumer, and a certainty that the drive will work.

But I thought only once enough of them break that they will adhere to the issue? I'm just saying... that's the way it worked with this whole "ROD" nonsense. Heh.

HDD's don't fail as "often" as you may think... otherwise we'd be replacing them "often" in our PC's you know?

Out of curiousity, since in the PS3 you are able to use any drive you wish. In what way do Sony offer support if that drive were to fail, as HDD's often can.

I understand why MS offer only official drives, I'll assume it allows them to offer a warranty etc to the consumer, and a certainty that the drive will work.

If the drive you bought somewhere else fails, that is not Sony's problem, that is the drive's manufacturer problem.