[MMA] Dream Fights?

So, now that UFC have brought out PRIDE, the Dream Fights have more chance of reality, than fantasy, but what would be you dream fights? I'd personally love to see:

Chuck vs. Fedor - 99% of people would probably say Fedor would own Chuck like adult vs baby! However, recent times have shown just how unpredictable MMA is. Even then he'd probably still win! Main point is, I'd really wanna see if Chuck could stand up to the big guy. However, more of a fantasy than reality would be to see Fedor come down to 205. That would be an awesome battle! Fedor would still win though! :p

Fedor vs Randy Couture - Had Fedor not lost his only match in his career at the RINGS - King of Kings event against Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, this match would have happened a long time ago.

Royce Gracie vs. ??? - I'd just hate to see Royce Gracie leave MMA with that loss against Matt Hughes, he is a huge personality in the sport and has had some amazing matches! Anyone who can keep going for 90 minutes is just amazing!

Never ever ever rule out Randy couture. I think the guy is a legend..as do many others...

Is there any Youtube or other links to fedor fights?? Ive never seen him fight but i heard alot, he beat crocrop too ,, ithink.

I want to see Bisping fight Ortiz... The mere sight of Bisping Pounding Titos face thru the canvas would be worth the ticket money.

One fight id also love to see would be Chuck Liddell Vs Ranasrule. :shiftyninja:

Never ever ever rule out Randy couture. I think the guy is a legend..as do many others...

Is there any Youtube or other links to fedor fights?? Ive never seen him fight but i heard alot, he beat crocrop too ,, ithink.

I want to see Bisping fight Ortiz... The mere sight of Bisping Pounding Titos face thru the canvas would be worth the ticket money.

One fight id also love to see would be Chuck Liddell Vs Ranasrule. :shiftyninja:

Yeah Ortiz needs to be beaten heavy so he can finally sit back and say you know what I ain't as good as I make out...Bisping would do that to him :D

A PRIDE-UFC open weight tournament containing just the top ranked fighters from each class.

Kazushi "The Gracie Hunter" Sakuraba vs. Rickson "My record is 4000000000084 - 0" Gracie

I've always wanted to see Fedor vs Wanderlei Silva. There was a point where Silva was just as dominating as Fedor in his own weight class. Silva has lost only twice in seven years to people in his own weight class, Ricardo Arona and Dan Henderson.

Dan Henderson vs Chuck Liddell. Henderson's only losses have come from decision or submission. He's never been knocked out and Liddell wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell at getting a submission victory over him. That's why I think it would make an interesting fight.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Randy Couture. I think Minotauro would put on a clinic in that match. Submission magician with a chin of granite. :shifty:

Exactly, hence I think he would do a lot better against Fedor than other people may think.

That would be a cool fight because of the champion versus champion mystique. Couture is not in the same elite class as Fedor, but the recent rash of upsets in both PRIDE and UFC are a reminder that nobody can be counted out. The only weakness in Fedor's armor is he cuts easily. Couture is smart and I think he would try to exploit that, so he'd probably have a better chance if they fought with UFC rules where he could use his elbows. Then again they do not apply Vaseline to the face in PRIDE as they do UFC. That being said, Fedor is also a very intelligent fighter, and unlike Flipovic, I'm sure he'd prepare for the environment and its rule set.

If you think Couture is a legend, what would you call Fedor? Because their records speak for themselves:

Fedor: 27-1 (the one loss was over six years ago, from an illegal blow that caused a gash which stopped the fight)

Couture: 15-8

"Shogun" Rua vs. Chuck Liddell

Takanori Gomi, vs. Sean Sherk

Mark Hunt vs. Tim Sylvia (would strangely appeal to me)

Matt Lindland vs. Rich Franklin

The main event

Bas Rutten vs. Joe Rogan. :rofl:

The winner gets the colour commentary job, whilst the loser must go back to obsessing over Carlos Mencia and fallacious Apollo moon landing hoax theories.

Has fedor fought the same class ad couture?

Fedor's reign has been solely as a heavyweight. Couture has fought as a light heavyweight and currently heavyweight. It is my opinion that Couture was brought out of retirement because the UFC heavyweight division was anemic. The additions of Heath Herring, Flipovic, and most recently Minotauro will give that UFC heavyweight title a lot more credibility. Fedor recently wiped the floor with the #1 ranked middleweight in the world, Matt Lindland (I think he put on 20+ lbs for the fight, I forget), who like Randy Couture is versed in Greco-Roman wrestling, and is also part of Team Quest with Couture. Can we make any deductions from that fight and apply it to a Fedor vs Couture fight? Probably not too much, but it is something to think about.

If I had to pick one guy who I'd like to see beat Fedor, it would be Couture because he's a total class act. The same reason why I like Fedor.

We see how lonG Crp crop lasted in the UFC

The UFC allows fighters to stay grounded much longer than PRIDE before restarting the fight on their feet. If anything that would be to Fedor's advantage (and will be to Minotauro's for sure).

Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic has lost before, and stated he was going to retire if he hadn't won the 2006 Grand Prix. He's very beatable against an aggressive opponent who neutralizes his kicking when they make him backpedal. But that's only partially why he lost to Gonzaga. He totally gassed out from the groundwork and elbows. I think he underestimated Gonzaga, as did many of us fans. :blush:

Fedor recently wiped the floor with the #1 ranked middleweight in the world, Matt Lindland (I think he put on 20+ lbs for the fight, I forget), who like Randy Couture is versed in Greco-Roman wrestling, and is also part of Team Quest with Couture. Can we make any deductions from that fight and apply it to a Fedor vs Couture fight? Probably not too much

I like lindland. But ive seen him knocked out colder than a skinny white kid starting a fight in a ghetto. Hes pretty good but there is a big size difference there. I think Couture does his best fighting at Heavyweight. I thinking fighting at kight heavy doesnt suit him as much..

There is no doubting fedors ability (i downloaded his fight against some Coleman guy from Ohio..he beat him easy..) and i think theres no fighter he cant beat..but i thought GSP was going to Kick Mat Serras ass too..soo...

Honestly, Fedor is so dominant that I doubt Couture would even stand a chance. The fact is, Fedor will fight even more effectively in UFC since the ground and pound game is in his hands. He's a Sambo master, and frequently displays it. He is able to shift weight, move on the ground with precision, and get out of holds, locks with ease. He can stand up with the best MMA fighters and win, or he can take you down and submit you. UFC allows even longer ground battles. This would just give Fedor more time to mount up and dominate. Fedor uses unorthodox techniques in his ground game also. He doesn't usually get into your guard, and when he does, move to side control with ease. He will let you keep your legs in front of him, and then sweep past you with two heavy hands in your face instantly.

The only way Fedor will be beat by a UFC fighter is if he is caught hard. And we've seen him caught hard, recover, and dominate. Couture will be no match. I believe Liddell will get pummeled as well. I think a submission artist that can catch Fedor will have the best chance. Or a straight knockout fighter who is faster than Fedor, which is noone. He pummels you before you even get a chance to hit him. Mirko really fought the best ground game defence against Fedor, and it was mostly just flailing legs and grabbing arms, and Fedor still got some huge hits off. Fedor mashes up large dominating fighters like Couture all the time, tell me what makes him different? Because he's UFC champion? Noguiera was PRIDE Champion once, and what happened, he got dominated beyond belief.

Dream fights:

Liddell vs Fedor: Chuck has expressed that he wants to fight Fedor after he beats Rampage Jackson, CroCop, and Wanderlei Silva. He says he will gain the weight, but he sounded scared during the radio interview when he talked about it.

Silva vs. Liddell: Silva has been talking so much smack about wanting to fight Liddell, and it'd be a great matchup. Silva is such a flailing psychotic striker, be interesting to see if Liddell can catch him.

Henderson vs. Liddell, as someone mentioned would be good.

Bisping vs. Ortiz: Nice idea!

Shogun vs. Liddell: Amazingly appealing. Shogun is a beast.

Gomi vs. Sherk: Gomi is highly skilled, I almost think Sherk would get dominated.

Sylvia vs. Fedor: This is my mercy pick. I just hate Sylvia chicken ###### out of fighting Fedor when he challenged him. I wanna see some smackdown laid on him.