So how is Vista Now?

Nvidia needs to be taken out back and cained in the nuts, for the lack of Nforce 3 support

Yeah that sucks (I've got a nForce 3 as well) but unfortunately Nvidia refuse to support it because it's old technology. Many people have complained and pleaded to Nvidia to bring back support for the nForce 3, but Nvidia keep saying it's not gonna happen. The most annoying parts are Nvidia advertised the nForce 3 as "Vista Capable" and then a few days later changed their minds. The other part is the competing motherboard chipsets to the nForce 3 also had the same problems as the nForce 3 in Vista (apparently) but they were patched to work in Vista, way to screw over your customers Nvidia! :no:

Luckily I only have a single core processor and a Nvidia graphics card, however, that doesn't mean I'm free from problems..still have a few issues.

I did a clean install of Vista and i think its great. I only really play Battlefield 2142 but it seems to run as good as it did on XP for me. Have not had a single problem with Vista so far.

I did a clean install of Vista and i think its great. I only really play Battlefield 2142 but it seems to run as good as it did on XP for me. Have not had a single problem with Vista so far.

That ain't possible.

Unless his system defies physics and all know laws as we know it today its not possible. He's talking trash, my system rapes, my configuration/settings rapes. But with the poor implementation of superfetch and various other "enhancemants" your games will have "rubber band" lag no matter what.

Yeah that sucks (I've got a nForce 3 as well) but unfortunately Nvidia refuse to support it because it's old technology. Many people have complained and pleaded to Nvidia to bring back support for the nForce 3, but Nvidia keep saying it's not gonna happen. The most annoying parts are Nvidia advertised the nForce 3 as "Vista Capable" and then a few days later changed their minds. The other part is the competing motherboard chipsets to the nForce 3 also had the same problems as the nForce 3 in Vista (apparently) but they were patched to work in Vista, way to screw over your customers Nvidia! :no:

Luckily I only have a single core processor and a Nvidia graphics card, however, that doesn't mean I'm free from problems..still have a few issues.

I don't get why NVIDIA won't allow Vista support for nForce 3 mobos. I have the ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA mobo in my PC, and it says on the box that it's compatible with Vista Premium.

nVidia is still **** but it but its better since the days you used it.. Performance aint as good as xp yet tho..

Boy I think someone needs to go back to school, other than that I feel for only three months it has lived up to my expectations as it goes for drivers.

From 1 week before launch (OEM ;) ya get things first hehe) to now Vista home premium is perfect :) No crashes, no lag on games nothing :) Apart from drivers (which my card is now overclocked) are fine :)

i still have the problem of sleep mode not turning my fans off >.< but apart from that its brill most of the features that microsoft gave arnt helpful to me :) im a power user not a fancy user that needs this flip3d thingy and the thumbnail thingy (Show off features as i call them)

From 1 week before launch (OEM ;) ya get things first hehe) to now Vista home premium is perfect :) No crashes, no lag on games nothing :) Apart from drivers (which my card is now overclocked) are fine :)

i still have the problem of sleep mode not turning my fans off >.< but apart from that its brill most of the features that microsoft gave arnt helpful to me :) im a power user not a fancy user that needs this flip3d thingy and the thumbnail thingy (Show off features as i call them)

You have a really odd personal definition of 'perfect' then.

Unless his system defies physics and all know laws as we know it today its not possible. He's talking trash, my system rapes, my configuration/settings rapes. But with the poor implementation of superfetch and various other "enhancemants" your games will have "rubber band" lag no matter what.

I've never had any sort of lag in any of my games :blink:

Then again, you're probably just another person who likes to troll in Vista threads and spout off when you really don't know what you're talking about.

I am using Windows XP for almost 3 moths after one moth playing, working, spending free time on Vista. And I have never been so happy to have Windows XP. :) You almost can't compare if you are really using the OS. Vista is slow on my computer and this makes me to work slowly and even nervous more. Let's say I am wasting about 1/3 of all time when I am working with Vista.

I didn't and don't have problems with drivers. But I could say Vista makes it a bit more difficult than in XP. First of all, I can't install drivers if UAC is on. There are several versions of modem drivers in my CD, but Vista likes to install the first it founds. Now like XP, which allows you to choose which one you would like to install. And etc.

I just forgot Vista and after spending more time with XP again, I realized that I really don't need Vista and maybe I won't need for about 1-2 years.

Mac is coming after a month and a half... :) This is what is going to run near XP and "Keep it simple, Stupid!"

I am using Windows XP for almost 3 moths after one moth playing, working, spending free time on Vista. And I have never been so happy to have Windows XP. :) You almost can't compare if you are really using the OS. Vista is slow on my computer and this makes me to work slowly and even nervous more. Let's say I am wasting about 1/3 of all time when I am working with Vista.

I didn't and don't have problems with drivers. But I could say Vista makes it a bit more difficult than in XP. First of all, I can't install drivers if UAC is on. There are several versions of modem drivers in my CD, but Vista likes to install the first it founds. Now like XP, which allows you to choose which one you would like to install. And etc.

I just forgot Vista and after spending more time with XP again, I realized that I really don't need Vista and maybe I won't need for about 1-2 years.

Mac is coming after a month and a half... :) This is what is going to run near XP and "Keep it simple, Stupid!"

You can install whatever drivers you want, even with UAC on. Don't blame these issues on Vista if you're the one that doesn't really know how to use it fully.

What are you talking about... I use to get no rubber banding in the games I play on Vista, and I know it when I see it... If I do it's because of networking trouble upstreams, which Vista isn't responsible for.

I'm playing Guild Wars in 1680x1050, 4xAA, maxed graphics settings, at ~80-100 fps and no lag. This is similar performance as I'd expect on XP. Sure, maybe a little better there still, but it's not like I care when the game is smoking on Vista and I got the much needed stability with the latest nVidia drivers. This is on a non-overclocked "gaming" system bought in early 2007. I honestly don't know what you're going on about... Your "raping" system must have had some of its software/hardware raped. :p You're better off not applying whatever the heck you're having problems with to others' systems.

Edited by Jugalator

You can install whatever drivers you want, even with UAC on. Don't blame these issues on Vista if you're the one that doesn't really know how to use it fully.

Sorry, but Vista really installs my modem drivers in different way. I know how to install properly, but that is about 2-3 times more steps. I am living with Windows since 3.11 and I think, I already can decide how it works, bad or good.

I still get a random BSOD sometimes and it feels sluggish doing some things, but it's not bad. It's not good either tho.

The best opinion. :)

Sorry, but Vista really installs my modem drivers in different way. I know how to install properly, but that is about 2-3 times more steps. I am living with Windows since 3.11 and I think, I already can decide how it works, bad or good.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you obviously don't know what you're doing if you can't install the exact driver you want. Sure, the process is a bit different, but it's easy to get used to and you can still do everything you could in XP.

I don't understand why people are complaining over small changes that are actually better in most cases. OH NOES! It doesn't work exactly how XP works so it MUST be bad! :rolleyes:

Nope, it's not bad... Am, it's bad for me. In Windows XP, I get windows there all found drivers is listed and I can choose which one I one to install, but on Vista... It installs the first one it founds. And plus UAC and what we get?.. I have to make 2-3 times more steps... :( On XP I have to press just a few times next and that's all, I have everything set up and I just need to put my login and pass. But on Vista I must do more and I hate that. It makes some things a bit harder.

Ah.. Just remembered one thing. I wanted to use screen capturing tool, which is included in Windows Vista Ultimate and I even read how to use in Help. And you know what?.. It doesn't work as it is written... :) It works, just some things doesn't work as it is written.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you obviously don't know what you're doing if you can't install the exact driver you want. Sure, the process is a bit different, but it's easy to get used to and you can still do everything you could in XP.

I don't understand why people are complaining over small changes that are actually better in most cases. OH NOES! It doesn't work exactly how XP works so it MUST be bad! :rolleyes:

And I don't understand why some kiddies are tripping all over themselves in the frantic attempt to defend Vista at all costs, as though they have some sort of personal gain at stake, when there is a literal DELUGE of poor opinions, reviews and responses to Vista, from a incredibly wide-range of individuals across the spectrum of tech world and in the wild.

Many many people HATE this operating system. I know a lot of the children on here like to have some elitist attitude in that they can have an ideal perfect experience in Vista, all the while making excuses for poor performance and behavior of the OS, but keep your head in the sand all you want. I've probably forgotten more about operating systems than most of you will ever know, and I feel no urge whatsoever to use any of the copies of Vista that I own at this time. The positives just don't outweigh the negatives atm.

And I don't understand why some kiddies are tripping all over themselves in the frantic attempt to defend Vista at all costs, as though they have some sort of personal gain at stake, when there is a literal DELUGE of poor opinions, reviews and responses to Vista, from a incredibly wide-range of individuals across the spectrum of tech world and in the wild.

Many many people HATE this operating system. I know a lot of the children on here like to have some elitist attitude in that they can have an ideal perfect experience in Vista, all the while making excuses for poor performance and behavior of the OS, but keep your head in the sand all you want. I've probably forgotten more about operating systems than most of you will ever know, and I feel no urge whatsoever to use any of the copies of Vista that I own at this time. The positives just don't outweigh the negatives atm.

Kiddie? Nice one, except I'm an adult.

I'm not defending Vista at all costs, and I have no personal gain. The thing is, I had many of the same feelings as those here who don't like Vista until I actually gave it a shot and decided to adapt to the changes. Once I did, I realized that it's a much better OS all around than XP. Perhaps you're the one who should get your head out of the sand, as the only negatives right now are some poor drivers, which are improving all the time.

Kiddie? Nice one, except I'm an adult.

I'm not defending Vista at all costs, and I have no personal gain. The thing is, I had many of the same feelings as those here who don't like Vista until I actually gave it a shot and decided to adapt to the changes. Once I did, I realized that it's a much better OS all around than XP. Perhaps you're the one who should get your head out of the sand, as the only negatives right now are some poor drivers, which are improving all the time.

You're 20. To me, thats a kid. ;)

Seriously though, I'd been testing the damn thing for years prior to RTM, and I've had it installed on a partition on one of my secondary systems since then, and it's been sitting there since. Exactly how much of a 'shot' do I need to give it before it will be acceptable for you to concede that myself and countless others can't stand this OS, spiffy perfectly-functional drivers or not.

Please, without resorting to marketing drivel, wikipedia links or little elitist posts, tell me what makes Vista in it's current state a "much better OS all around than XP" *You* tell me what was lacking with XP in *your* computing experience that is SOOOO much drastically better in Vista.

Seriously, I don't care if you think I'm a kid, I'm an adult.

For me however, Vista performs much better than XP did. It starts up faster and loads programs faster than XP did. I'm using it on the same hardware I used XP on, so there's no difference there. Media Center is great, as I use that quite often with my 360 as an Extender. It looks great, and although that adds nothing to functionality, it's nice to finally have a version of Windows where I don't feel compelled to install WindowBlinds or patch the uxtheme.dll so that I can change the VS. Security is much better, and even though I never had an issue with spyware or viruses on XP it's nice to know that there is better security in case I slip up sometime. ReadyBoost is a great addition, as I'm using it on a 2GB flashdrive that I hardly ever use and it's improved performance even more for me.

Plus, there are many annoyances present in XP that aren't there in Vista. I'd list them, but I've since forgotten them as I don't have to deal with them anymore (out of sight, out of mind). All I know is that I'm much more satisfied on a daily basis with Vista than I ever was with XP.

I've been working with computers for ten years (yes, since I was 10), and I know how to get around in Windows and customize it to my heart's content. I know how to troubleshoot and fix pretty much any issue I come up against. I have never had such an issue-free experience with Windows since I installed Vista, and to me that is a BIG reason for why I like it so much, because even though I could fix any issue I had in XP, not having to deal with it at all is that much better

I know that one's experience with Vista is subjective, but that's part of the reason why I can't stand some of the reasons people are complaining about it. So what if UAC adds a couple more steps to installing a driver... You're only going to do it once! Why complain? It just seems like people are discarding Vista for the silliest reasons just so they don't have to get used to a few changes. I just don't understand why they would do such a thing when in my eyes they're passing up a huge opportunity to have a much better experience with Vista than they ever did with XP.

You can stick with XP if you like if you don't see any real benefit to Vista, and I can understand that reasoning, but I really don't see the excuse of "Vista has too many problems" as a valid one anymore. It was valid for about a month or two after Vista came out, but now that driver and application support is much better there's really no excuse along those lines.

Boy I think someone needs to go back to school, other than that I feel for only three months it has lived up to my expectations as it goes for drivers.

Okay, Vista was announced how many years ago? And on top of that they had a more open beta program for a couple years AND not to mention the developer kits they sent out. I am sorry but your opinion in the matter is useless. They have had at least 1.5 years to really work on Vista so don't give me this bull that you are happy with what they have so far. People paid money for Vista and they expect it to not be crippled by drivers. Otherwise what the hell was the purpose of the BETA phase?? Nvidia is using us as BETA testers with the money WE paid for it. Do you really not see the problem here??