XPproSP1 Corp - Links not working?

I am having some problems with getting some links working. I mainly search on yahoo, and some links on there are not working. I did a search for something and I wanted to click on next page, and I get this link [ http://rd.yahoo.com/search/navbar/nexts/*h...BQABfZ%2FgAc%3D ]...but its not showing up in my browser. I have a second pc in the network, and I used the same link on that one, and it works. I get this alot on yahoo, when I go to maps, weather, etc.

If anyone know whats the problem, let me know.

I am using Winxp Pro SP1 Corp, with all the updates, just updated now...

Thanks...

i've been getting the same thing... yahoo is having a problem with its redirect server i think (rd.yahoo.com)... just go in the address to where the second http:// starts and delete everything leading up to that... then the address will work... the redirect server probably just handles some kind of tallying or maybe manages network traffic somehow...

i've been getting the same thing... yahoo is having a problem with its redirect server i think (rd.yahoo.com)... just go in the address to where the second http:// starts and delete everything leading up to that... then the address will work... the redirect server probably just handles some kind of tallying or maybe manages network traffic somehow...

ya, i have been editing the links myself, but thats a pain. I'm not sure if its yahoo thats having the problems with the redirect, cuz my bros system is woking fine, I just get a blank page.

i get page cannot be displayed... but i still suspect a prob on yahoos end if its happening to more than just one user...

ya, i get the same thing, but its weird that my bro's computer is working, and we basically have the same setup, well same OS...

man, its something with my system, i had this problem before, I reformated, reinstall, and it worked fine, untill today. Before, I had problems viewing www.gamespot.com also....if I go on there now, every image is missing, and fonts are all messed up. Cant seem to figure out what I did to my OS, or install that jacks this up.

Click Here to view a screenshot of gamespot.

Edited by Juguard

man, its something with my system, i had this problem before, I reformated, reinstall, and it worked fine, untill today. Before, I had problems viewing www.gamespot.com also....if I go on there now, every image is missing, and fonts are all messed up. Cant seem to figure out what I did to my OS, or install that jacks this up.

That screenshot you have reminds me of a glitch that I discovered when you install Download Accelerator Plus on Windows XP SP1. Do you have DAP installed? If you do, a reformat is in order or if you have a System Restore Point prior to the installation of DAP.

I had the same problem after installing kazaa lite and it put into my HOSTS file to block image.com.com (i belive that was the url).

Clear Cookie folder out!

or if you are using XP Corp get the company sys admin to look at it? ( it's what he gets paid for ) ;)

man, its something with my system, i had this problem before, I reformated, reinstall, and it worked fine, untill today. ?Before, I had problems viewing www.gamespot.com also....if I go on there now, every image is missing, and fonts are all messed up. ?Cant seem to figure out what I did to my OS, or install that jacks this up.

Click Here[/b]b> to view a screenshot of gamespot.

I had the same problem after installing kazaa lite and it put into my HOSTS file to block image.com.com (i belive that was the url).

ok, i have installed kazaa lite, and replaced the host file. Any way I can replace the host file now, with the original? I dont have it anymore, i just overwrite it:(:(

EDIT: I just removed that EDIT file, and it works fine now. WTF? Stupid Kazaa Lite. Now, the question is, do I need that original HOST file there or not? Seems to work fine without it, but who knows what problems I might get later on. Thanks.

OOPS, correction to:

EDIT: I just removed that -->HOST<-- file, and it works fine now. WTF? Stupid Kazaa Lite. Now, the question is, do I need that original HOST file there or not? Seems to work fine without it, but who knows what problems I might get later on. Thanks.