Do you use the "QuickLaunch?"

How many users use the QuickLaunch?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Quicklaunch Menu?

• Yes
    • No

I use it but I keep in limited to 3-5 items. I hate it when people have it configured to take half the screen.

Console (Cmd.exe wrapper, for picture backgrounds in the cmd.exe window mainly.)

sorry for the dumb question but what does "Cmd.exe wrapper, for picture backgrounds in the cmd.exe window mainly" mean?

Yeah I do use it :) Much more effective when working to click one icon instead of going through the start-menu or going to the desktop - but I only ever have 3 icons max, normally Firefox, Word and Desktop icon.

Quick launch is unnecessary and ideally should have been replaced with a dock type program (but I assume Apple would claim copyright?) I therefore use Object Dock with tabs, thus keeping the taskbar clutter free. I am in the Fred Derf way of thinking, don't understand people who drop a $hit load of apps onto it. Use a dock program, you know it makes sense :)

i actually use the quicklaunch and a folder toolbar, to be honest i can remember why i started using the folder aswell, maybe its because i wanted the quicklaund to only be 2 icons big, i cant remember, well heres a pic of my start bar etc.. and yes i kno theres dupes, comp needs a clean up!

post-142737-1179960812.jpg

Yes i do, also have the start menu on the left side of the screen and set it to auto hide. It works well for me, because it *seems* more natural to cascade down and to the right.

One thing that I always do is go the the calculator shortcut in "All Programs" and set a keyboard shortcut of Ctrl-Alt-C. If there is one applet that I want in a hurry, it's the calculator (actually, I use the PowerCalc from the XP Powertoys collection).

I rarely keep my applications full screen, so I usually just stick with RocketDock or even desktop icons. Quick Launch just wastes space on my taskbar, as far as I'm concerned.

i actually use the quicklaunch and a folder toolbar, to be honest i can remember why i started using the folder aswell, maybe its because i wanted the quicklaund to only be 2 icons big, i cant remember, well heres a pic of my start bar etc.. and yes i kno theres dupes, comp needs a clean up!

Hey, how did you open the start menu AND the quick launch at the same time? i cant seem to do it... is there a trick to this?

Hey, how did you open the start menu AND the quick launch at the same time? i cant seem to do it... is there a trick to this?

Click the chevron to open Quick Launch, then hit the Windows Key on the keyboard, then click the Quick Launch chevron again. :)

• 2 months later...

Never used it much in XP and before. But with Vista's keyboard shortcuts for Quicklaunch (Y), I am hooked. :)

used to use it. now I use App Launcher for SideBar...

USED to use the taskbar with three toolbars

Only thing I can't get use to is the tabs with Objectdock plus. I have my dock on the bottom, and if I put tabs on the bottom, it overlaps the dock, and if I put the tabs on the top, I tend to accidently open then when clicking on my running programs. Any suggestions?