What in the world is this thing

If it is viral marketing, yeah, it's a new way to advertise now, but after a while, it's going to get old. Every time a strange pic or webpage is online, people are going to be saying, "*yawn* What movie or video game is coming out now? Viral marketing was fun two years ago, now it's just sad."

Jezz cool pics.....i though Command & conquer was just a game.....

THE SKRIN ARE COMING!

I never played C&C, is tehre really something in the game that looks like the pictures? IF so, then that could prove it a hoax right there.

Oh nooooooesss!! Teh muslims are coming from teh skies!!!!1 arrrghhhh!!! nooooooooes!!! arrrrrgh!!!!

i want my mammy!

I bet you do want her.

I thought y0u had her though....

Finally answers! This man explains it all (with pictures and blueprints)! LINK

(The short answer: The guy says he was on a secret gov't project involving ET technology. The craft is usually invisible, which may explain why some think its photoshop because of the electromagnetic disturbance)

I'm leaning towards some kind of viral marketing.

i read through that and it is quite interesting if it is true. the report on that site sounds believable but im still sorta skeptical. some of the content seems just not possible but then again, most alien things would seem not possible. very interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

i think it's real.....in this Universe ,i say, everything is possible,and 100% shure everything exists. no doubt. we are just to primitive to understand what's around us

I read a few pages into the thread on abovetop secret and some one proposed that the photos were just one photo of the tree that had been cropped differently over and over again and the drone inserted into it. I have to agree with this.

The reason has to do with the science of photography more than anything. For those who are not familiar with Chromatic aberration, please read Chromatic aberration on wikipedia and this . Basically it?s the purple fringe around objects in photos.

First and for most; the claim is that these newest photos were taken with a film camera and then scanned. It?s important to note that Chromatic aberration does affect film cameras, but it?s much much more noticeable on digital cameras. All of the new photos show examples of Chromatic aberration. Now if you look at this you will see a perfect example of a phenomenon that to my knowledge only occurs with DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPY, blooming. Look at the leaves in that example and please look again at the leaves in the drone pictures. Look similar?

So at this point I feel that it is safe to rule out these pictures are film pictures, they most likely came from a digital camera.

Now onto the issue of cropped pictures. Please pick one picture and choose a focus point, the tip top of the tallest tree is a good example. The blooming effects and Chromatic aberration is exactly the same in every photo. The angle of the leaves is exactly the same in every photo as well. This would only be possible in my opinion if a tripod was used and the camera was stationary (though I doubt the blooming and CA affects would be so perfectly replicated even with a tripod). Yet it?s obvious that a tripod was not used.

So yeah???.

So yeah……….

I think you're saying the photos are faked ? You may well be right there. It's just also that some people in this thread, including the OP, say they saw these things or things like them.

• 6 months later...
I'd say that's the GT version.

naaah looks more like the GX2 :p

seriously though, i could see this being real if it wasnt for the text (not saying its not real).

It is almost totally silent but not quite. It makes kind of "crackling" noises. It's hard to describe them but they are only intermittent and not very loud, but you can notice them. Sometimes there is a very slight hum that sounds kind of mechanical, almost like when you are near very large power lines. But it is nothing loud like a jet engine, it is very quiet for the most part.

that makes it sound very much like ion propulsion, dont know about it though, the battery required to ionise air over that distance for any length of time would just be silly...