[poll] How secure is your login password?

How secure is your login password?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes your current login?

• Administrator Priveleges - no password (or just ENTER)
    • Administrator Priveleges - basic password
    • Administrator Priveleges - complex password (mix of numbers, symbols upper/lower case letters)
    • User Level login - no password, but have basic password on admin account
    • User Level login - no password, but have complex password (mix of numbers, symbols upper/lower case letters) on admin account
    • User Level login - basic password, and basic password on admin account
    • User Level login - basic password, and complex password on admin account
    • User Level login - complex password, and complex password on admin account
    • User Level login - no administrator/root login enabled

Multiple choice enabled for those who have different sets of PCs they log into with different password security.

For me, at home, user login with basic password, but my root password is a complex one that mixes upper/lower case letters and numbers. At work, we are required to have a complex password for our logins, so user-complex for that for me.

Home:

- User based accounts (each family member has a roaming profile on windows) with whatever password said family member chooses

- Linux box: standard user with relatively complex password. Root password is 32 random chars (yes, i do remember it :p)

- Server: no "user" account. Root account with the same 32 char password as the linux box's root password

Misspelled word! ^ on the poll :p

:pinch: Cursed cut-n-paste of spelling error. :blush:

A few years ago I was assigned a totally random password through some software. It was a meaningless sequence of letter but I modified it to include upper and lower case alphabet characters, numbers and punctuation.

I have used it for ages now!

Administrator Privileges - complex password (mix of numbers, symbols upper/lower case letters)

Its quick and simple, but its secure enough for a dummy to hack.

I dont have any password, everyone in this house has their own PC, and data is networked.

I dont have any sensitive data that isnt barred though. Like .. email.. thats probably the only data I dont want people to read. Which is secured.

I dont have any password, everyone in this house has their own PC, and data is networked.

I dont have any sensitive data that isnt barred though. Like .. email.. thats probably the only data I dont want people to read. Which is secured.

Same here (Y)

at home i use an account with admin privliges. i had a password but its set to autologin (useless i know, but its just at home and i dont care)

for work we are supposed to have min 8 characters, with capital and numbers included. So its just a variation of my usual password :s

Administrator Privileges - no password. No one else is using my PC. :) (except my little sister playing The Sims 2 every now and then :D)

I'm the only user of my laptop, so no password (dont even have to press enter since it's set to auto login into my account).
same for me on my laptop, autologin that is - though I lock it when at uni or something

passwords I have don't differ that much from each other (uni, home, laptop) but are generally 8 symbols; letters, numbers and non-ascii characters where possible :)

Login for work is a semi-complex one - letters/numbers/punctuation, min. 8 chars - which we have to change every 60 days.

Login for home is Admin privileges with complex password - 15 chars, mix of upper/lower, numbers, and punctuation.

Windows: Administrator with basic password

Linux: User with basic administrator password

Hey, I only need to fool a six year old.

He hasn't figured out his Grandma's password yet and that's his own name.

Windows: Basic user with basic password. Administrator with a complex password

Mac: Admin user with complex password. Root user disabled.