|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

Probably because a lot of people (myself included) enjoy watching movies in a non-garbage resolution and quality. You're more than welcome to just not watch them. I honestly don't understand how it's that inconvenient. I downloaded the TS one, downloaded the King of the Hill one in the background while I was watching the TS one, and it was finished before it was even over. And the customization one is only like 20MB.

Probably because a lot of people (myself included) enjoy watching movies in a non-garbage resolution and quality. You're more than welcome to just not watch them. I honestly don't understand how it's that inconvenient. I downloaded the TS one, downloaded the King of the Hill one in the background while I was watching the TS one, and it was finished before it was even over. And the customization one is only like 20MB.

+1. I'd rather download a high quality video than watch the degraded crap on youtube. Hopefully Silverlight will take off, then we might not have to worry about horrible streaming quality anymore.

My buddy pwning on the new Halo 3 Beta. 14-0 - yo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llFV3MFawI

Haha, nice to see Halo veterans transitioning over well. His grenades seem real well placed though his accuracy needs some work. (im sure you just have to have to find the right sensitivity ;) )

I don't like what they done to the battle rifle.

They didn't change much other than some cosmetic ones.

Sorry, I'm a bit uninformed.

But has the Beta started since all this "Information" pops up?

Beta doesn't start till the 16th but Friends and Family started yesterday. (basically the press and bungie picked people)

Beta doesn't start till the 16th but Friends and Family started yesterday. (basically the press and bungie picked people)

Ah, i see!

Thanks mate :)

Wednesday cannot come soon eough! I hope it's released like early morning (EST) on Wednesday (Tuesday late night). :D

Word out is the beta will be available 1pm GMT. Not sure what that translate to for you though, sorry :p

Sorry, I'm a bit uninformed.

But has the Beta started since all this "Information" pops up?

Bungie sent out the Friends and Family codes yestereday with the press blowout. Anyone who was chosen (most were randomly chosen out of all b.net users) is able to download the beta right now. You can look on b.net, they're already starting up stats about how many are playing halo 3 at a point in time and such.

The rest of the beta (contest winners + Crackdown owners) starts on Wednesday.

-Spenser

OP got major overhaul with new content. (Y) We'll keep this thread as the official one to discuss everything from the beta once more people get access to it this Wednesday. :)

Are these graphics final? Or is there still allot of implementation to do since it's a beta?

Don't get me wrong they look fantastic from their current standing.. I'm just curious..

Are these graphics final? Or is there still allot of implementation to do since it's a beta?

Don't get me wrong they look fantastic from their current standing.. I'm just curious..

It's a beta--work in progress basically. Anything can change.

But of course, it's multiplayer. (which is known to look worse than SP from the past games ;) )

It's a beta--work in progress basically. Anything can change.

But of course, it's multiplayer. (which is known to look worse than SP from the past games ;) )

Really? From what I can remember, Halo 1 and Halo 2 multiplayer graphics are pretty much equivalent to single player.