.Mac alternative?

Just wondering if anyone has an alternative to .Mac and idisk, which is free. Basically I want to be able to export my ical calander to it to view online, and also export photos for others to view. Ontop of that just use it as an online storage disk. If it is possible I would also like to be able to use it with iweb or rapidweaver. Thanks for your suggestions in advance, and if you know of anything that can do similar things or one of the above please share. Thanks,

- Brandon Mattalo.

Well, i know iCal can export to WebDAV shares, so if your host (or such) offers one you can export the calendar there, and i think iWeb kinda offers the same.

As for a full-on replacement for .Mac (as in, the software sees the new setup as an actual .mac account), i don't know of any offering it, it's a complicated setup to do.

Well that is very good to know, thank you, so I suppose I will rephrase my question to ask if anyone knows where I can find a free (atleast 1 gig) web hosting that provides WebDav :). Thank you.

google calendar supports ical formats, you might need to import what you have but i believe you can sync ical with google so theres one free solution

Thank you very much for that solution, for anyone else who was wondering, after a little research I found a program called gSync, which syncs your ical with google calendar, created by macness, this is a great solution, thank you twyst3d :)

also there's the GCALDaemon that's supposed to work quite well. Though I sometimes it just doesn't update the Google Calendar for me. Oh well. I will try out gSync :)

EDIT: Works GREAT! the missing solution indeed!

Edited by timdafweak

Well that is very good to know, thank you, so I suppose I will rephrase my question to ask if anyone knows where I can find a free (atleast 1 gig) web hosting that provides WebDav :). Thank you.

Cpanels webdisk introduced in the recently released cpanel 11 uses webdav.

Only problem i've found is windows vista doesn't seem to want to play nice with it.

Any webhost using cpanel11 have the option of offering it as a feature but its down to the host as to whether they have it active on their server or not.