Satisfied Vista Users

Happy with Vista :cool: , Games are running good, I had a memory leak with IE7 but now is fixed, I think it was a Flash and/or Java problem. No problem with drivers: Nvidia driver is getting better, sound driver is right. My HP scanner is working perfectly, My Windows mobile phone and camera works fine. Visual Studio works great..... I only need one Home Premium license for my dad's laptop.

love vista, only problem I've had is some random and sketchy sd card support in my laptop and desktop.

Other than that I will use nothing else but vista.

I've had a negative experience. My moms brand new, unchanged computer had just been set up, and I suddenly got a BSOD when I was trying to get the files off her old computer over the network. Tried again, and it worked, but if it can crash that easily, I have my doubts...

That being said, it has some nice new things in it.

I am very satisfied with Vista. I have converted all my home machines to the OS, and I am in the process of converting my work machine. For me to be completely satisfied i have to do the minor tweaks post install such as turning off UAC and such. What i am NOT happy with is the driver support from some of the so called largest hardware players in the industry. Nvidia support is horrible, and i was happy with ATI until they pushed off all vista support for the mobility line to the laptop manufacturers. Thanks to them i am likely to see a driver update once a year now.

I have shelved Vista till Sp1 arrives, then will test it again to see if Vista has been speedened up, made more stable, cleaned up of critical bugs....

Vista felt a bit heavy for my liking, even though my system is in no way slow (AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+, DDR2 RAM @ 533 MHz). Even with Superfetch enabled and needless services turned off, Vista just seemed slower than XP, so I see no reason to switch to Vista again, at least not for a while.

There are still some bugs which will hopefully fixed.. Mostly driver/software related..

But for what I use the computer then yes I've been happy with it..

It's just an OS like all the others out there.. You choose the one that suits for you.. :)

Hi:

I've been using Vista Ultimate since it came out. Other than the video driver from ATI and the Scanner driver from Canon Vista has been a joy. I think the problem that most people seem to have is that their hardware most likely is not the most standard, and most likely not from the most recognized manufacturers.

I am very happy that I made the switch. to me Vista Ultimate is zippier than XP. I am not a gamer so maybe I would feel different if I were.

Intel 975XBX2 ith BIOS upgrade

2GB Corsair XMs PC6400 Memory

Intel E6600 Dual Core CPU

ATI X1950 Pro Graphics card

3 160 GB Hard Drives

I have the following

Vista Ultimate Edition

Intel E6700 CPU

2GB Ram

Gigabyte Mainboard

SATA II Seagate 500mb Drive

GeForce 7900GS

I can honestly say that Vista is flying ... it's VERY fast on my PC and I have no problems. I ran into a few at the beginning and that may put some people off, but those issues have been resolved.

I think the people trying Vista and saying it's crap are completely wrong and obviously haven't put enough time into getting it set up. Since too many people are saying it is good. If it's so bad why do we all have great experiences with it ?

Happy with Vista itself - Yes.

Happy with Nvidia's driver support - No

On my PC (which is fairly old now) there isn't much in terms of speed between XP and Vista. The Only differences are Moving and deleting files (which takes longer on vista), the initial loading when I turn on the PC (which is much longer on vista if I have the sidebar, without the sidebar loading, its ok) and game performance (which although with recent drivers is getting better, is still below XP)

I feel as though i would be happier with windows XP x64, too bad 32-bit xp pro keys won't work with x64 huh?

Started using Vista since RC1 last September; wasn't too shabby back then. Using Ultimate since early February; not very many issues that can't be solved with a bit of tweaking. Can't imagine going back to XP.

I like vista minus a few features and the time I have to spend to disable some of the nonsense. But, the reason why I went back to xp like most have, there are bugs still present and the driver support is lame. Tis to be expected of course, just like with XP when it came out. I will go back after some time has passed and things get ironed out.

Config:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7400

2GB Super Talent DDR2-667 @ 5-5-5-13

ATI Radeon X1400

Running Windows Vista Home Premium, 100% happy :D