• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

ATSC Tuner for my LCD

Chmura    0

I have an Olevia LCD LT27HVX which just stands in my room, I do not have cable or satellite hooked up to it and regular TV looks like total crap,

I only watch DVDs on it or movies from my computer.

Now since this is an HDTV LCD (Supports 480i, 480p, 720P, 1080i) I was wondering if I could buy an ATSC tuner for it and get digital channels?

If yes, what would be a decent cheap one I could get?

bangbang023    31

There are few out there. While I don't have hands on experience with anything except the Samsung DTB-H260F, I do have to say it's a great unit. The plastic is a bit cheap and it lacks buttons on the actual unit itself, but it can hold a fairly weak signal, comparatively, and it's gotten many favorable reviews. It's a tad expensive, though. You'll find it for about $180.

Chmura    0

That is a lot of money just to get some free digital channels. I found the Samsung model going for around $115 on eBay, but that is still a bit pricey.

Does anyone else know of any other good models out there? And thank you for your help bangbang023!

bangbang023    31

Unfortunately, most tuners are going for this price, even the less reliable LG models out there. They have a stranglehold on a very limited market, at the moment.