Metal Gear Solid 4 On 360

I really do not see MGS4 coming to XBOX360 at all. I will be suprised if it does but that could be a year after the PS3 or never.

i can tell you straight up from a person that is working on the game ( not myself ) that happens to run the official metal gear solid site that they will NOT be releaseing metal gear solid 4 for the xbox 360

I don't believe it.

I think if it were true then Microsoft would have announced something during E3... but then again, maybe it was part of the agreement that they wouldn't say anything. :wacko: Who knows? :p

I still think it's possible, but I'd say if there is no announcement at Lezpig next month, it's for sure not happening.

@ magik: Maybe they were just saving some big news for Lezpig. I'm sure there will be at least one big announcement there that they saved and didn't announce at E3.

I'm not saying that I think it will (the game doesn't hold any interest for me) but if it were true, the way it's being done is totally plausible. Sony would want to keep the appearance of exclusivity as long as possible, particularly before it launches. At launch the game will sell many consoles. They wouldn't want for people to wait to get it "on the cheaper system" a couple of months later. After the launch, though, all bets would be off.

I still think it's possible, but I'd say if there is no announcement at Lezpig next month, it's for sure not happening.

@ magik: Maybe they were just saving some big news for Lezpig. I'm sure there will be at least one big announcement there that they saved and didn't announce at E3.

I don't think Konami would announce it before the PS3 version hits store shelves, don't expect anything on it this year (in other words, if it's not at Leipzig it doesn't mean it's not in development). Why delay sales when you can get them earlier, even if people have to pick up a console to get it.

People still think there will be a X360 version of MGS4?

Talk about dreaming... (though I hope it gets released on the X360 also because its a great game, but we all know it won't happen).

What like MGS2 wasnt going to come to Xbox 1?

or MGS1 to Gamecube?

or MGS1 and 2 for PC?

Shhh.

If this happens the Sony PS3 is DEAD !!

MGS1/2 went multi platform eventually and didn't harm the Playstation brand from what I could see.

:rolleyes:

GI: Is Metal Gear Solid 4 still exclusive? Is that solidified and will never appear on the Xbox 360?

Harrison: Yes. We said it was an exclusive title.

Big Phil seems pretty confident!

But as we all know forum users know better than him ;)

Interview topic : https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=575276

What like MGS2 wasnt going to come to Xbox 1?

or MGS1 to Gamecube?

or MGS1 and 2 for PC?

Shhh.

MGS2 on Xbox: Sold ****.

MGS on GC: Sold ****.

MGS on PC: Sold ****.

MGS3 still hasn't come out on another console.

Expect it to be like that with MGS4.

But as we all know forum users know better than him ;)

But as we all know Sony has never lied to its consumers before ;)

MGS2 on Xbox: Sold ****.

MGS on GC: Sold ****.

MGS on PC: Sold ****.

MGS3 still hasn't come out on another console.

Expect it to be like that with MGS4.

Wether it sold **** or not, Kojima said each time that MGS wouldnt be coming to other platforms and it did, just like he said he wouldnt make another MGS after the last one each time.

Just because you are a fanboy and dont want to believe it doesnt mean it wont happen.

Wether it sold **** or not, Kojima said each time that MGS wouldnt be coming to other platforms and it did, just like he said he wouldnt make another MGS after the last one each time.

Just because you are a fanboy and dont want to believe it doesnt mean it wont happen.

Explain MGS3 then.

Explain MGS3 then.

Okie dokie...

Metal Gear Solid 3 is set during the Cold War in 1964, where Naked Snake is sent to the jungles of the Soviet Union.[11] Aided over radio by Major Zero, Para-Medic, and his former mentor The Boss,[19] his mission is to rescue a defecting Russian scientist named Sokolov who is secretly developing an advanced nuclear-equipped tank called the "Shagohod".[19][11] The mission goes smoothly until The Boss defects and provides her new benefactor Colonel Volgin with two Davy Crockett miniature nuclear shells.[20] Sokolov is captured by the Cobra Unit and Snake is heavily injured in combat by The Boss, allowing Volgin and his cohorts to escape with the Shagohod. Volgin detonates one of the nuclear shells to cover up its theft,[21] which is subsequently blamed on The Boss.[22]

Having detected the US aircraft which deployed Snake flying over Russian soil, the Soviet Union declares the United States responsible for the atomic attack, tipping both nations to the edge of a nuclear war. In a secret conference between US President Lyndon Johnson and Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev, a deal is hatched to prove the US's innocence and restore peace.[23] The United States agree to stop Volgin's renegade faction, destroy the stolen Shagohod and eliminate the American defector, The Boss.[24]

A week after being rescued from the region, Snake is redeployed into the Russian jungle as part of Operation Snake Eater,[24] to fulfill the United States' promises. During the mission, he gains the assistance of another American defector, ex-NSA agent EVA, who defected a few years earlier.[25] After numerous encounters with the elite Ocelot Unit (led by Ocelot), and defeating every member of the Cobra Unit, Snake succeeds in locating Sokolov and the stolen Shagohod, only to be captured in Volgin's military fortress, Groznyj Grad. After witnessing the apparent death of Sokolov, Snake is tortured and has his eye shot out when Ocelot shoots to kill EVA; Snake ultimately escapes.

When he returns to the facility to destroy the Shagohod, Snake learns of The Philosophers. Made up of the most powerful men in the United States, Soviet Union, and China, they are an Illuminati-like organisation who control the world behind the scenes.[26] However, after the end of World War II, they began to fight amongst themselves, and the organisation broke down. The money, $100 billion (about $1 trillion today when adjusted for inflation), they had amassed to fund their wars, called the Philosophers Legacy, was divided up and hidden in banks all over the world.[27] Volgin had illegally inherited this money,[28] and Snake learns that the US is attempting to retrieve it.

Snake continues his mission, destroying the facility and the Shagohod tank, and engaging Volgin, who is killed by a bolt of lightning during the battle. Snake and EVA travel to a lake, where a ground effect vehicle is hidden. Before they use it to escape the region, Snake confronts his old mentor, The Boss, whom he must kill to complete his mission.[24] After an emotional battle, Snake overcomes his feelings and defeats her. He and EVA escape to Alaska, and spend the night together. During the night EVA disappears, and leaves behind a tape revealing herself to be a Chinese spy sent to steal the Philosophers Legacy for China.[29] The tape continues, and EVA reveals that The Boss did not defect to the Soviet Union; rather, she was under orders to pretend to defect so she could infiltrate Volgin's ranks and find the location of the Legacy, which could be brought back to America.[30] The final part of her mission was to sacrifice her honor and die at the hands of Snake, under the guise of a traitor, to prove the US's innocence in the nuclear attack from the beginning of the game.[31]

Snake is awarded the title of "Big Boss" and given the Distinguished Service Cross for his efforts.[32] Later, he arrives at an anonymous grave, The Boss', just one of thousands in the huge military cemetery he visits. Laying down The Boss' gun and a bouquet of lilies upon the nameless gravestone he scans the endless rows before him, salutes, and sheds a lone tear.

After the credits roll, Ocelot is heard talking (presumably a telephone conversation) and reveals that the microfilm containing the information on the Philosopher's Legacy given to EVA was a fake, that Ocelot himself was ADAM, that half of the real legacy is in the hands of the US Government thanks to Snake, and that he was working for the CIA.

Source: Wikipedia

Hope that helps... :p

Because Sony will be the first to admit that their biggest exclusive title is now multi-platform :rolleyes:

And maybe he was just answering the question as it stands.

Or im sorry, do you know Hideo Kojima and Konami better than Phil does?

And maybe he was just answering the question as it stands.

Or im sorry, do you know Hideo Kojima and Konami better than Phil does?

I'm not saying that MGS is no longer a Sony exclusive, but if they do lose the rights, do you honestly think Sony would be the first ones to break the news? Talk about kicking yourself in the teeth.

I'll never understand why you guys get so passionate over something so trivial.

Trivial to you, but I'm sure there is something that you like that others find trivial.