Apple TV Help

I need some help with this type of hardware.

Right now I only have a HD DRV in my tv room but I was thinking of getting a Apple TV so I could watch movies I from my my computer in my bedroom.

How does this apple tv really work.

I'm guessing my wireless router transfers the movies from my computer to the apple tv unit.

Do the videos have to be downloaded from iTunes or can they come from other sources?

Can I just put the movies I have on my computer into my itunes library and watch them like that?

Radio Shack sells a device that allows you to send a wireless signal from your PC to your TV; basically converting your TV on computer monitor, If you just want to watch your movies on the TV that would be a solution for you, or if your PC is close to the TV you can just use your PC 's video card S-Video output and run a cable to the TV and it will be the same, that's what I have on mine.

Radio Shack sells a device that allows you to send a wireless signal from your PC to your TV; basically converting your TV on computer monitor, If you just want to watch your movies on the TV that would be a solution for you, or if your PC is close to the TV you can just use your PC 's video card S-Video output and run a cable to the TV and it will be the same, that's what I have on mine.

How is the video quality with the wireless device?

I have all my dvds & home movies backed up on my computer so I don't really want to lose to much quality..

and the svideo thing is out of question. :-\

My laptop stays in my room the whole time.

I'll have to go check that wireless thing out today!

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT.

Forget that wireless thing.

I just got back from Radio Shack and they told me the thing was not worth it and they discontinued it.

I guess i'll just have to order a appletv unit

Edited by Quick Shot