Sandboxie - Browse the internet with ease.

but can you sandbox norton?

Cute

but for it to be effective you'd have to install it sandboxed , and most antiviruses don't like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have heard of this before, but after seeing what you'ver explanined and using it myself, I've decided to buy it myself ^__^. I'm pretty happy with it also, one of the programs that i bought that satisfied me. Thanks alot ! ^_^

Does this actually work with Vista.... when I tried to run it, it kept mentioning that some driver file wasn't loaded...

I'm running it on vista right now

• 4 years later...

ya, I Know "Holy Thread Reselection Batman!"

I know this thread is over 4 years old. But the review still holds true to what sandboxie is and what it does 4 years later. I've also added an update at the bottom of the review.

My only complaint is: The annoying online activation junk every three months. Activation is only an annoyance, yet users/developers have not realized that yet. * waits for dev to remove activation altogether*

My only complaint is: The annoying online activation junk every three months. Activation is only an annoyance, yet users/developers have not realized that yet. * waits for dev to remove activation altogether*

Strange. I haven't experienced that issue, on any of my 5 machines with sandboxie installed.

When I got done installing it I had this icon next to my clock that said "get 50 free mp3s"

I was like @(()#()# , but then I realized that because I installed it from firefox it was a sandboxed install. I was like yay! So I told sandboxie to kill all sandboxied processes, and just deleted the sandbox, then reinstalled winamp, and then this time unchecked that box, problem solved!

Or you could just take more care while installing?

While I see uses for this program, I don't think I require it at the moment.

Good review though (Y)

*Smacks head* what a bump. Sad you bumped your own thread :(

Speaking of Sandbox style Apps, what's the 'smallest' way to install IE6 on Windows 7 x64? On OS X and Linux I can use stuff like Wine to achieve this. Don't want a full VM running just for this.

Been using this for quite some time. It's awesome at what it does.

Same, one of those utilities that I always have installed. Not perfect, a couple programs I tried won't run properly in it, but that's not common. Have yet to see anything break out of it, even some of the nastier malware samples I threw at it on test on a test machine. Buster Sandbox Analyzer is a handy addon too if you're curious to see what a program is doing, including changed files, registry changes, drivers, etc. Sort of like a chroot jail, but much much better as those are too easy to get out of.

• 5 months later...

I have been using Sandboxie for a while and it's awesome! Great for opening files you're unsure of.

Wow, from 2007 then jump to Dec 2011 and once again a holy thread revival! Does anyone really have a need for something like this? Thank god I don't!

Does anyone really have a need for something like this? Thank god I don't!

I use it for ALL my web browsing. ALL my web Browsers get sandboxed while on the internet.

I use it for ALL my web browsing. ALL my web Browsers get sandboxed while on the internet.

Well if you used Microsoft Security Essentials you would be safe and wouldn't have to worry about running your browser sandboxed! :p

haha nah im just teasin' :) That's a really good idea honestly.

Well if you used Microsoft Security Essentials you would be safe and wouldn't have to worry about running your browser sandboxed! :p

haha nah im just teasin' :) That's a really good idea honestly.

About as safe as using a punctured condom! :rofl: