Leaked: Windows Live Messenger 8.5

I wouldn't call it 'Brand new'. I've switched permanently to Pidgin, and I haven't looked back yet.

i tried pidgin in linux and its a complete step down from messenger.

i cant believe you guys are still using Desktop Applications for things such as IM. i usually use Meebo, or eBuddy. they save all chat logs instantly and can be accessed anywhere. u have all convos in one windows/tab and you can pop them out to your desktop if need be. their take less resources, theyre more responsive and faster. why would you want that on your desktop? heh. maybe with this look i mite move to this again.

i cant believe you guys are still using Desktop Applications for things such as IM. i usually use Meebo, or eBuddy. they save all chat logs instantly and can be accessed anywhere. u have all convos in one windows/tab and you can pop them out to your desktop if need be. their take less resources, theyre more responsive and faster. why would you want that on your desktop? heh. maybe with this look i mite move to this again.

Google Talk desktop client has great voip, can't get that through the browser yet. Plus it has file transfer, which you can't get in a web client yet.

Doesn't install for me. Get a accept/decline box press accept and closes in 3 seconds. I try and extract the files through RAR but it says its corrupted.

nevermind i found the installer. its not where the error was looking, you gotta go to C:\Program Files\Messenger Adictos & GiraldoCrespo\Windows Live Messenger 8.5 beta and run the file from there

Looks like it. Won't install on Windows Xp 32 bit.

looks very "vista-y" perfect ^_^ hopefully its faster than before and doesn't drop my connection as much

if so then i might switch from gaim/pidgin

I used to upgrade messenger every chance I got, this was around the 6.0-7.5 days, but as soon as 8.0 came out (Windows Live Messenger), I completely lost interest. It's just got too bloated and filled with too many useless features that I'm never going to want or use (winks, packs, crap like that). The only good thing they've added recently has been off-line messaging.

I wish they'd just make it more efficient, add more USEFUL stuff instead of glossy, shiny extras I could live without =\

MessPatch

It the first that it actually requires the .Net framework but could just be that installer though. Awesome anyway!