...Boot error?

Kodan

...This should be the correct forum, as my system is a Vista system.

After my computer froze earlier today, I restarted doing the forced-restart, with the holding the power button down for 10 seconds, and a boot error popped up.

It listed my processor, memory, and my 2 boot devices (DVD drive and my hard drive) with a note at the bottom saying:

"Warning: The boot devices have been changed. BS* boot priority will be affected. Please enter set up to check.

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SET UP"

* = ...Might not be the whole thing, my monitor cut it off and it wouldn't let me readjust to put it on screen...>_>

Looking in the BIOS set up, I didn't find anything unusual, and pressing F1, just lets me start up normally, no problems at all.

I thought "Eh, possibly a one time thing" and didn't think anything about it, HOWEVER... When I restarted my system again a couple minutes ago, it occurred again...

Thoughts? System info in my sig.

majmac

Try doing a hard re-set of your CMOS. Your motherboard manual should tell you how. Make sure you disconnect the power cord to the mains power before you do it! Also remove the battery on the motherboard.

Otherwise, your battery backup may be failing. You can get a new one from many places and put it in your motherboard.

Kodan

After a prolonged start up time... And after a restart. That error seems to have gone away.

Anyway... Why would a hard restart like that make that happen? I've had to do hard restarts like that before, and thats occurred. >_>;

The reason I had to was my system locked right up and would not respond to anything. (Mainly I have this program with C&C: Generals, and several other games I can't think of ATM.)

Isn't replacing the battery a bit excessive? I mean, I just got this computer a month ago... (April 4th or so.)

majmac

I thought that your computer was a lot older than that! Of course you should not have had to replace the battery in a computer that 'young'.

Glad to hear you have got it working again.

Could it have been a virus?

Sniper101

Your not the only one that got that boot error aswell as "Loading Operating system error" :( eh im back on xp for now :)

Kodan

I don't see how it could be a virus... My anti-virus didn't go off. >_>;

I was just editing a screen-shot I took from a game (Cropping it, switching it's file type mainly) using paint, and I was listening to music, when my PC locked up and wouldn't respond. I've done a virus scan, and there's nothing.

After a hard restart, it gave me that message.