XP Rebooting randomly!?!?!??

System will reboot rendomly even when idled. Once it comes back on, scandisk does it's thing.. (Well. CHKDSK in XP).. Then I can logon, then It says I got a serious error but no details are avail... Any ideas on whats up with this thing?? The system specs are below.

PII-400

512 MB Ram

80 Gig Drive

Asus P2B MB

SB Awe 64

ATI Xpert 98

ATI TV Tuner

Creative 52X CD-Rom

Any help would be appreciated. :cheeky:

which brings ME to a very strange case:

why is checkdisk NEVER EVER starting up when my system reboots after a crash?

and how can i disable the "your system has recovered from a serious error" boxes after restart?

I am using the devilsown pro corp also.. And Auto Restart has already been disabled.. But I noticed I am getting corrupted files too.. Whenever it starts over, CHKDSK finds all kinds of ****,. And it's a new drive. :(

No E-Donkey.. :) Hmm.. I'm wondering if I should send a report to MS..

"yes.. Hello. I am using a cracked ver of xp.. Can ya help me?" :)

Hmm.. I'm wondering.. Would it be worth the shot to send a error report when it asks?? Even with Devilsown!? :rambo:

If you want to troubleshoot your restart issues, start with disabling Automattically Restart. If you are experiencing a STOP screen, this will then be displayed instead of the machine rebooting straight after. From this you can start to get an idea of what is happening. You will see a code, something like: KERNEL_IN_PAGE_ERROR or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. You can then search on this error @

http://search.microsoft.com/us/itresources...es/SearchMS.asp

If you have problems tracking down the prob, post the STOP screen (the first two lines of text) and we'll see what we can do.

You'll most likely find that is a driver or software error.

CHKDSK doesn't run after a crash because you have XP installed on an NTFS partition. This is one of the many advantages of using NTFS. NTFS can quickly return the disk to a consistent state without running CHKDSK. In contrast, the FAT file system must always run CHKDSK to recover.

pogue106 - Actually, I am using FAT32.. :)

Spectre - I know.. But since it's not activated can I send bug reports? And also, it IS NOT official corp.. It wasn't even finished when Devilsown was released 2 mth ago.. :)

ok here it is......i bet why you crash

for right now my i have found that

my floopy controler Resources and the mobo resources

are conflicting with each other and i bet thats why

we are crashing

soo plsss go look and see if you all have any of these

conflicking

and if you know how to fix them plssssss

let me know i have tryed everthing

p.s. my cable went down last night from a power outage

@home "dont put the modem on a power strip"

ok baaaaaaaam bye bye modem

-s1zeRo

Originally posted by Lord Zog

pogue106 - Actually, I am using FAT32.. :)

Spectre - I know.. But since it's not activated can I send bug reports? And also, it IS NOT official corp.. It wasn't even finished when Devilsown was released 2 mth ago.. :)

Yea I know...my answer was directed to the folks that couldn't figure out why CHKDSK never ran on their systems.

I have that same problem. But my resources aren't conflicting at all.

BTW.... anyone know what that cheaters.log file is in the root of the windows drive is???

Originally posted by CyberDude

Lord Zog,

Thats wrong, Devilsown is Official Corp, no if ands or buts, like Spectre said 1:1 copy.

i certainly hope so ... or i'd have to re-download another 600 megabyte off IRC :D hehehe

yes, you can send error reports. even if your copy is not registred.

floppy drive conflicts? nah, nv4_disp.dll is always causing problems ...

Neotrunks - Cheaters.log I believe is from Counter Strike if ya use ver 1.3..

Spectre - Ya need to do another 600 meg D/L.. I dunno what the people at <> told ya, but Devilsown is not the official corp.. I don't care what anyone says.. I have a copy of the official corp at work.. (Sorry, can't get ahold of it.) and when I compared my CD to the official, the contents were different in certain areas.. Including file sizes.. :) Devilsown is not official corp, it just doesn't have the activation.. Easily removable from 2 system files.. :) Sorry to bust your bubbles.. :cheeky:

ok then whats wrong with my computer

wound what i said in my last post have

something to do with restarting all the time

b/c i disable the floopy controler and its works fine

had it up past what it restarts at 8 hours / 2 days :)

if any one can read my last post and give me

some info that be gr8 :)

i do get that lirq or irql what ever

plsssssss help :)

thank you

Originally posted by Lord Zog

Neotrunks - Cheaters.log I believe is from Counter Strike if ya use ver 1.3..

Spectre - Ya need to do another 600 meg D/L.. I dunno what the people at <> told ya, but Devilsown is not the official corp.. I don't care what anyone says.. I have a copy of the official corp at work.. (Sorry, can't get ahold of it.) and when I compared my CD to the official, the contents were different in certain areas.. Including file sizes.. :) Devilsown is not official corp, it just doesn't have the activation.. Easily removable from 2 system files.. :) Sorry to bust your bubbles.. :cheeky:

might be .. but still, i don't think it's THAT easy to disable activation. removing two files would just be too cheap, don't you think?

might be .. but still, i don't think it's THAT easy to disable activation. removing two files would just be too cheap, don't you think?

As far as I know, what they did is replaced the close-to-final files with old beta 2 files related to Activation where the old cracks DID work, and then cracked it. Thats why it was easy.

• 1 month later...

have anyone of you guys figured out why ur pc is rebooting randomly? i dont know why mine just started to do it for no reason. i thought it was because of the power supply not having enough to give out but i disconnected some of the stuff i have installed and still a few moments later it crashed on me.