XP Rebooting randomly!?!?!??

it'll be a problem with your ATI hardware. I have an ATI All In Wonder 128 on my Windows xp system. both the beta and fianl drivers for windows xp cause it randomly reboot, even by clicking on a file. I found the most stable thing to do is to keep the drivers installed by xp when you first install it, using ATI's drivers causes these random reboots

Originally posted by Lord Zog

Ionfusion - Here are my specs since ya asked for the system running (Trying to at least..) XP Pro..

Here is an article that sounds related (if you haven't found this one already),

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q130802

And another heres another link that breaks down the error...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q165863

Also I found some information on stream.sys, if you have a cam installed (webcam, DV Cam), then remove the cam and the software drivers and see how things go.

Also, update your Motherboard BIOS to the newest version.

This is a long shot but, if you have a VIA base motherboard here is some good information...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q246755

Edit|I know these are Windows 2000 related articles, but Windows XP is based on the same Core Files (Kernel) as Windows 2000.

Originally posted by kobayashi

uh, where can i find that driver verifier and that kernel debugger ?

please enlighten me! ;)

oh, and those IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages on a nice blue background :dead: do look familiar... i couldn't shut down without when i had easy cd creator installed ... switched over to nero and no more BSOD for me :D

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q244617

Ionfusion - Already checked all those bulletins and the QB articles... I am running latest software for what i can find.. ATI has no good XP drivers and neither does the SB Awe 64.. I'm just using the base drivers for everything.. And the P2B chipset is a Intel chipset.. Oh well.. Maybe just the Devilsown release is phucked.. I'll post my results when I get the final retail ver of pro on Wed. Till then, if ya have any ideas.. Lemme know. :D

i removed all hardware and it's drivers except graphic card

but same error occurs.I think VIA 'S buggy chipset caused this error.

Now i 'm gonna install via's new 4 in 1 drivers.Maybe it will solve this problem.

Everyone haveing the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL prob running Blackice!? I removed it and it seems to be more stable.. No more BSOD.. I'll post results in 24 hours and see if it's stable.. Tried using Sound and played a few games with Direct3D to see if maybe the videocard memory was bad.. No BSOD YET.. YET I said.. :) With Blackice out, i'll let ya know what happens.. Right now, it is defragging.. :D

When I ran Windows 2000 I would get the same BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) about once a week. After I upgraded to Windows XP I got it three times a day! Turned out I had a bad stick of RAM. I replaced my RAM two months ago and I haven't had a BSOD since.

I'm not getting that BSOD but my PC was rebooting randomly and I had an ATI Radeon. If I ran the drivers bundled with XP it would work fine except the bundled drivers don't support OpenGL (as everyone knows by now!). The drivers ATI released are criminal, so my solution for now is just been dual-booting XP and 2k, and I haven't had a problem since.

By the way, SP1 may not be out or even at a decent level for testing but there's a pre-SP1 hotfix package floating around the internet, it includes updated drivers (certified) for some chipsets and gave me a very good performance and stablity boost on my box, if anyone wants it just give me a buzz and I'll track it down.

Is there anyway to test RAM other then buying new sticks?? I am curious now.. Also, Banana.. Hook me up with that Pre-SP1.. I am willing to try anything.. :D

Amended.. This is my new news on this situation.. No IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL since Blackice has been uninstalled.. Played CS for about 2 hours with no probs.. Did a RAM Test using a friends SP-3000 and also with MemDoctor and both turned out with no probs. Doing another RAM test with full Burst write and March A B C-, Moving Inversions, MATS+, and Walkling over both fields.. (Data and Adsress's 0 and 1.). Memory is perfect.. (Hard to find these days. :D) Will post my blackice results in 24 hours... Going back to play some CS. :)

I was ready to dump my video card because it is a Voodoo 5 and I figured there weren't any good drivers for it. Luckily when I told the people that sold me the parts for my computer they offered to swap out the memory. They said that memory causes most of the weird problems like that. I was skeptical but after two months I haven't had a single BSOD.

I got a lot of BSODs in Unreal Tournament and when leaving my computer alone running the Windows XP 3D screensaver.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/dow...screensaver.asp

Goto Voodoofiles.com and get some modified Windows XP VooDoo 5 drivers. Worked over here while I had my Voodoo 5.. :) now I am a happy Geforce 3 user. :devious: Hehe

Just have to step in now... :(

Guys please do not discuss releases of illegal winxp here know as Warez.

*Devils0wn* and 1 or 2 others.

We could get into trouble for this.

I will have to edit your messages if you discuss any more of these illegal copys of winxp.

Thanks you people, carry on :)

Originally posted by Spyder

As far as I know, what they did is replaced the close-to-final files with old beta 2 files related to Activation where the old cracks DID work, and then cracked it. Thats why it was easy.

If memory serves, I believe that's wrong. The Corporate edition of WinXP is $700. Why? No product activation.

I am proud to say the IRQL messages have STOPPED and it WAS cause of Blackice Defender. I have sent a message to Network Ice's technical support and they said it was an issue they were aware of. I will post more info as I get more info from Network Ice.

Nuggetman - The warez releases tho that were released are NOT corporate tho.. I have an official copy of the MSDN-VLK CD and it has differerent file sizes than MOST of the releases I have tested on my other machines..

Damn! I was wondering why I started getting the same problem, but u've just answered it, bye bye BlackIce. I've had XP crashing alot recently, sometimes when i'm sitting doing nothing. Cheers for helping, even before I asked...

And Happy New Year everyone!

Friction

Scooby - It was a driver issue.. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL isn't an option in XP/2k.. It's a driver issue.

UPDATE: Network Ice has just released an updated Blackice Defender 2 days after my responce.. 2.9CAP.. Last ver was can.. I'm testing it now and will post my results.

yeah, when i searched on MS's site about that IRQ error it mentioned that firewalls could cause the problem...so i tried uninstalling black ice...havent crashed since.